A career as an Uber driver?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
Have you ever thought about starting up a career as an uber driver? I have come across most persons who use their personal cars for this, they claim to make good money from it. I have also heard stories of persons who have good paying jobs but act as uber drivers during the weekends. If given the opportunity, would you pick up as a career or just something you do as a means of earning extra income during your spare time?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Have you ever thought about starting up a career as an uber driver? I have come across most persons who use their personal cars for this, they claim to make good money from it. I have also heard stories of persons who have good paying jobs but act as uber drivers during the weekends. If given the opportunity, would you pick up as a career or just something you do as a means of earning extra income during your spare time?
It is a very lucrative work in this my location and in this era. Most times, when I go out, I like to order Uber instead of boarding commercial buses

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.390
It's a popular way to earn money and you'll have the feeling that you are self employed but you need to invest big money first to buy a car and then need to work patiently to pay for car Emi

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.843
It is a very lucrative work in this my location and in this era. Most times, when I go out, I like to order Uber instead of boarding commercial buses
Though not that i have anything against it, but i hardly order for one. The few times i have been in one, i must say its pretty nice, and has more class than when you come down from Public transport.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Though not that i have anything against it, but i hardly order for one. The few times i have been in one, i must say its pretty nice, and has more class than when you come down from Public transport.
I only use it when I am going to big occasions because there are some occasions you cannot go to with the public bus

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
We don't have Uber in Asia I believe. We have Grab though. If I have a car or if I know how to drive I could have been a Grab driver during the pandemic. Seeing the situation before, when the government allowed Grab to operate, there were only few cars outside. It could have been a good business that time.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
We don't have Uber in Asia I believe. We have Grab though. If I have a car or if I know how to drive I could have been a Grab driver during the pandemic. Seeing the situation before, when the government allowed Grab to operate, there were only few cars outside. It could have been a good business that time.
I will research more about the Grab drivers. I'm very sure that it will be the same thing and maybe the same operating system

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
I will research more about the Grab drivers. I'm very sure that it will be the same thing and maybe the same operating system
Grab currently operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.

I think there will be small differences in terms of the app but I think almost similar to each countries.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Grab currently operates in Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.

I think there will be small differences in terms of the app but I think almost similar to each countries.
Do you order grab drivers on phone? Or you have to stand by the road to get drivers. Which one of them?

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
Do you order grab drivers on phone? Or you have to stand by the road to get drivers. Which one of them?
Book them using the app. They will go to your pick up point. Unlike cabs. We have to wait for them to pass by and hail them if we want to ride. They options for payments too, cashless or cash.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Book them using the app. They will go to your pick up point. Unlike cabs. We have to wait for them to pass by and hail them if we want to ride. They options for payments too, cashless or cash.
Ooh it is indeed the same as Uber. Also, you will know what price your fee is likely to be before boarding it

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
Ooh it is indeed the same as Uber. Also, you will know what price your fee is likely to be before boarding it
Yes, that is correct! Knowing the price of the fare is a good way of knowing how we can budget.

But to be honest, when I was a new Grab user, I always book a ride going to work. Very convent because my work starts at 2 am. The drivers earned so much money from me also with tips.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Yes, that is correct! Knowing the price of the fare is a good way of knowing how we can budget.

But to be honest, when I was a new Grab user, I always book a ride going to work. Very convent because my work starts at 2 am. The drivers earned so much money from me also with tips.
I can see that the also made money from me because I always patronize them during my university days but I still do so once in a while

Back