A pharmacy selling branded medicines versus a Generic pharmacy

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.900
This is now the observation in my country that many pharmacies shut down because people prefer to buy their doctor's prescribed medicine in a generic pharmacy. There is a big difference in price between the two and with the fact that most people struggle financially, there is no prejudice for them to choose medicines sold in a generic pharmacy. Medicines sold in a generic pharmacy are also effective in curing sicknesses., however, the elite group opts to buy medicines in a pharma selling branded medicine. I tried to buy a generic medicine Mefenamic, but it has a big difference in price from the branded and the effects are the same. there is now a rival of pharmacies selling branded medicines in my county, the generic medicines. Is it also happening in your country?

Last edited:
AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.763
In large cities there are several pharmacies selling generic pharma products, so customers can choose a suitable product. In smaller towns I have noticed that the pharmacies are usually not stocking generic pharmaceutical products,

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$13.000
Raw Dex
$0.575
For me l have never examined this thing before. I think that most pharmacies on my country deal with the selling of the branded medicines. These seems cheaper compared to the other type.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.600
In my home country, all medicines sold are associated with a brand. There are no medicines being sold that do not have brands. Some brands are well known where as some are lesser known

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.900
The generic pharmacy was created by our former Ph President Cory Aquino. Until this time, it is supported by the people . In my case, I only buy mefenamic generic and Rite med. they are also effective.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
Most pharmacies in my country sell the brand name drugs alongside the unbranded ones. People have to make a choice on which one they want to buy.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.065
Raw Dex
$4.735
This is what I noticed for somepeople. They still patronize the branded medicines. That is why some pharmacies who offer generic medicines do not gain profit that much.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.900
This is what I noticed for somepeople. They still patronize the branded medicines. That is why some pharmacies who offer generic medicines do not gain profit that much.
I agree with you on that. The generic pharmacies here do not gain a lot perhaps the people have proven their medicine not effective.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.900
In my country it's very difficult for one to even distinguish between the two. Because both of them are very expensive.
The generic medicine in my country is labeled as generic and it is cheaper than the branded one. The pharmacy always asks people which one to buy, generic or branded.

Back