Are marketing and selling similar concepts?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.193
Although selling is an essential part of marketing, after-sales service is also a means of gaining new customers and repeat business. No company can survive without clients, and since marketing attracts customers, it is an essential part of business strategy. The target market is characterized by a number of factors, thus the strategy must be well-defined. The location of the market, the demographics of the customers, and their buying habits are among the issues.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Marketing and selling is not the same thing. Marketing is more of creating awareness and building reputation of a product or a company. Selling is more of direct business interaction and finalization of a business. Selling is an end to a business interaction but marketing is expanding awareness.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.193
Marketing and selling is not the same thing. Marketing is more of creating awareness and building reputation of a product or a company. Selling is more of direct business interaction and finalization of a business. Selling is an end to a business interaction but marketing is expanding awareness.
You are right. These two terms are not the same its functions. More promotions can bring it naturally by marketing. Selling is the action of having the transaction of letting the buyers have the items or services.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.063
If I want to sell my rice then first I will market my product through different ways as by throwing pamphlets in homes, by giving advertisement and by other means, when I go on demand of any customer to sell the product and get money this will called selling.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Marketing and selling follow the same concept but they are two different things entirely.

This is very correct because before you would be able to sell any business product or services, you must have marketed it so that your potential customers will know about it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Marketing is primarily focused on promoting and creating exposure for an organization's products or service. Selling is the process of persuading a potential customer to buy. They are interconnected but distinct.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Marketing entails creating awareness in a target audience about a company and its offerings.
Conversely, selling has to do with attempting to influence potential customers to buy a particular service or product.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
There was a time when i used to think marketing and selling where actually the same thing. But i have come to realize that marketing has to do with the ways in which you promote your business to your target audience.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was a time when i used to think marketing and selling where actually the same thing. But i have come to realize that marketing has to do with the ways in which you promote your business to your target audience.
marketing has to do with creating awareness about your product and this helps to attract customers to you known as Leeds while sales helps to convert these leeds generated from marketing to paying customers.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Marketing is the precursor of selling. Marketing must come into effects before selling materialized. Marketing is the act of creating awareness of a product while selling is making the products available as a result of financial engagement.

Back