Are online workers expected to tolerate exploitation?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
Most people are not interested in working online, especially doing forum posting, since they are paid very less compared to all other jobs, including offline jobs. Yet in some countries, liar large companies are falsely claiming that the online worker has a large team helping when one person is doing all the work. When the online worker is protesting against these fake stories, they are increasing the harassment. Are online workers expected to tolerate exploitation in your country?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.473
Most people are not interested in working online, especially doing forum posting, since they are paid very less compared to all other jobs, including offline jobs. Yet in some countries, liar large companies are falsely claiming that the online worker has a large team helping when one person is doing all the work. When the online worker is protesting against these fake stories, they are increasing the harassment. Are online workers expected to tolerate exploitation in your country?
Either online or offline, nobody should accept exploitation because it is very bad and it is surely going to affect the worker.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.818
Be it working online or offline, exploitation is completely bad and as humans you have your rights. Though over here in my country the system is pretty bad.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Online workers are the most exploited group of working class in the world. Because most of our work is remote and there is great distance between the two. Many website have scam many online workers and ripped them off both in payment and other benefits. Where this is rampant is writing articles for contents sites.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.130
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think as a worker, we have to be careful in choosing which websites to work for. Those offering very low pay and don't pay on time are not worth our effort.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.473
Be it working online or offline, exploitation is completely bad and as humans you have your rights. Though over here in my country the system is pretty bad.
It's bad when you try to exploit someone just because you want to make money. A lot of people do it but it is not something that we should encourage in the society

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
In some countries maidservants working offline are making far more than online workers, because government agencies, large companies are extremely ruthless in cheating, exploiting online workers, who have no one to help them.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Keep in mind that every time you allow yourself to be exploited, you contribute to the exploitation of others by letting those who do it get away with it. If they want the work done, they must pay for it.

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
No. Online workers have the same rights as any other workers and should not be expected to tolerate exploitation. Workers should be treated fairly and paid a living wage for their services.
Post automatically merged:

Allowing ourselves to be exploited is something that we should always try to prevent so that it won't affect us and it won't spread
We should always be aware of our rights and be aware of how people are trying to take advantage of us. We should always speak up when something doesn’t feel right and stand our ground when it comes to our rights. We should also never be afraid to ask for help if we need it, whether it be from a friend, family member or professional. Finally, we should always be informed about the issues that affect us, so that we can make sure that we are not taken advantage of.
Post automatically merged:

Keep in mind that every time you allow yourself to be exploited, you contribute to the exploitation of others by letting those who do it get away with it. If they want the work done, they must pay for it.

It is important to take a stand for yourself and for the rights of others. You have the right to demand fair payment for your work, and you should never accept any type of exploitation. Not only is it wrong and unethical, but it can also hurt the entire industry if it becomes accepted as the norm. Respect yourself and the work you do by standing up for what you deserve.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
Government agencies are falsely claiming that their well paid employees who do not spend any time online, are doing the online work, own this and other forum account, paypal account, domains of a private citizen , to pay their employees monthly salaries at the expense of the private citizen who is spending time working daily to pay the domain renewal expenses. I am finding that I cannot access some of my forum accounts because of these fake claims. It is very difficult for a small online business owner to fight the government agencies, One of these government employees is a very wealthy gujju stock broker with assets of more than $12 million, yet she is cheating me every year since 2013 of $15000 falsely claiming to own my domains.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.550
Raw Dex
$3.200
I hope the local government knows what other online companies do and that is, they exploit the workers online. It happens but there is no specific law to call their attention about this concern.

Back