Are there any aspects of your local company culture that stand out to you?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.773
The uniqueness of our business culture is that we give some presents or souvenirs to old or new clients in the Philippines. At some point, some countries' cultures are not allowed to do so. Sometimes they can be mistaken for bribery by people involved in business. Others would think that it is not fair to give anything to their clients. At some point, we still need to weigh it down if necessary.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
Yes it does depends on the culture though, i think it would be a lot better if you give them these gifts during special events or holiday seasons as well.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Bribery and corruption is something that is very common in so many places and I believe that it happens in businesses as well but the most important thing is for the business management to do it in a way that is not very obvious to the general public especially when they are employing.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is the business of having to haggle you would need to bargain to finally buy what you need. it is always good to haggle for a reduced price

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Each company has its own rules. Likewise in my country. Government officials or employees of state-owned enterprises, they are not allowed to accept anything from customers because it will be considered gratuity or bribery. As for the informal company where I work, employees may accept whatever is given by the customer as tips for their hard work.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The local company culture common in my country is speculative pricing. Every organisation is always wary of conditions that would affect price so they can hoard their products to cause artifical scarcity.

Things like that also often happen here. If the price of a product on the market is low, some people buy it in large quantities and then hoard it, so when the goods circulating in the market are scarce, the price will increase, and they will only sell it at a high price to make a profit.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.773
Yes it does depends on the culture though, i think it would be a lot better if you give them these gifts during special events or holiday seasons as well.
I think it depends on our culture. We need to take charge of everything when it comes to impressive our existing or potential clients. There are times that we need to be sensitive than being passive.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well there are aspect or certain patterns in some of the local companies that did stand out some are good but the most out standing are the bad aspect of it

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.950
Raw Dex
$0.008
In my location, government officials cannot accept gifts with value over a certain amount. For private companies, they are free to gift their customers in appreciation of their patronage during festivals. A company I have worked for gave mooncakes to customers during the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
In my country, we believe so much on respect for leadership. Hierarchy is highly valued and appreciated in my country. And the biggest one is that we are goal oriented and don't give up in my country. All these attributes reflect greatly in our approach to work.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The culture of excellence is the one that really appeals to me. If it is not good enough to be top class, it should not be done at all. That approach leads to quality in business products and services.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country, we believe so much on respect for leadership. Hierarchy is highly valued and appreciated in my country. And the biggest one is that we are goal oriented and don't give up in my country. All these attributes reflect greatly in our approach to work.

This is the reason why privatization is even gaining much ground in my country today because it gives those who have the capital to run their projects the opportunity to have control.

Back