As a business manager, how would you help a new staff settle in?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the most emotional moments of a person's life is that point where he /she is about to resume work at a new organization. It can come with much anxiety.

How can a manager help a new staff to settle in easily?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Manager has no role in establishing a new worker to the working environment. The type cordial relationship already established among the workers would help the new worker.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Manager has no role in establishing a new worker to the working environment. The type cordial relationship already established among the workers would help the new worker.
My guy, you would just work into the staff devotion and start like that. As in who are you? Even you that is talking can't do ike that. Someone has to ease you in to the organization.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Organize a welcome lunch for the new employee. Have an orientation session to help the employee to understand and know the various departments and staff of the company.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.492
Personally speaking, the newcomer can adjust to a company by having the orientation. Human Resource personnel are in-charge of this matter and for the manager's role, it is only partly.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Personally speaking, the newcomer can adjust to a company by having the orientation. Human Resource personnel are in-charge of this matter and for the manager's role, it is only partly.
He truly needs orientation and I will introduce him to everyone including the things that he may need in the workplace.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is important for a new staff to be warmly received by an organization. This would boost his self confidence and make him able to kick off on a bright note in the company.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.387
The best you can do is simply put them through in all what they need to know or do then at same time also make them feel comfortable so they can be free to ask questions where they do not understand.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I resumed for the first time at a job, a staff meeting was called and I was introduced. They also assigned an old staff to lead me through my work.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.441
I would initially make them confident and make sure that they are well-trained in the first place. The fact of the matter remains that each and every employee should be skilled enough to handle problems.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the most emotional moments of a person's life is that point where he /she is about to resume work at a new organization. It can come with much anxiety.

How can a manager help a new staff to settle in easily?
A manager can help a new staff settle in with less fear by giving a breakdown of what is expected of the person and that could aid the person in carrying out his or her roles and also introduce such person to those he will be working with.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A manager can help a new staff settle in with less fear by giving a breakdown of what is expected of the person and that could aid the person in carrying out his or her roles and also introduce such person to those he will be working with.
Have you ever been in a new organization to resume work? How apprehensive were you when that happened? I always feel nervous but in a few hours, I would adapt.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the easiest ways to help a new staff settle in is by assigning the staff a mentor that would help show him around and troubleshoot some issues for him or her.
You are right, at least with this ,such new staff will feel some what relaxed seeing someone to help him settle in and can always meet such person when problem arise on the first or few days at work

Semi

Unfamiliar
Jun 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right, at least with this ,such new staff will feel some what relaxed seeing someone to help him settle in and can always meet such person when problem arise on the first or few days at work
This has a calming effect on the new staff as he or she would feel at ease knowing that an older colleague has his or her back. In fact, I think this is the best approach to easing in a new staff.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
As a manager of a business, I would assist a new member of staff to settle in by introducing her to key contact persons in the organization. For example, I would take the new member on a tour of the business whereby I would let her become familiarized with the employee welfare contact person and the human resource manager.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
Have you ever been in a new organization to resume work? How apprehensive were you when that happened? I always feel nervous but in a few hours, I would adapt.
Actually I am not someone that is good at relating with people faster , I don't really know how to make friends so it will really take me time for me to be able to relate with workers and I will try coping till then.

Back