Big Mistakes at Work

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
What was the biggest mistake you have ever made at work? How did you learn from it?

One pretty big mistake I made at the job I worked at one time, was leaving the cash register without knowing who was near, and deciding not to lock it. I left for a brief minute to fix a vending machine in the lounge, and came back and later found out I was 40 short on the till.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Personally, I don't like being shouted at and it's something that my boss is very good at when it come to yelling at her workers. There was a very good day that I was supposed to send her a work report which I did but I never confirmed that the report wasn't delivered to her, and I got the most embarrassing insult from her that very day.

After that experience, I always make sure that reports are delivered and I will confirm that she has received it before I will close for the day.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.925
The biggest mistake i made last year while working under someone was using a paper size worth 8000 in my local currency to print a work 4 times, and what they needed was actually a banner print not picture print. That was 32,000 wasted in local currency. What i learnt form it was that never let your boss pressure you, always find the needed information before taking action.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
One of the biggest mistakes I made when I was working as a teacher was slapping a student to the point that the student fainted. I was so scared. I stopped capital punishment after that day.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
The only big mistake that I have done in one of my jobs is letting the higher-ups do power tripping. I should call their attentions to stop. At some point, they became one of my stressors at work before.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
One big mistake I have made in my career as a music producer is giving out a mastered copy of a track I have produced without getting payments simply based on the assumption that a big artiste has a reputation to protect. Three years down the line, I have not received a dime from that work.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the biggest mistakes I made when I was working as a teacher was slapping a student to the point that the student fainted. I was so scared. I stopped capital punishment after that day.
This is one of the reasons why most schools ban beating students either with the use of cane or any kind of beating. this may complicate issue just as your experience on that above.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.902
That was indeed a big mistake but it was not intentional. My big mistake at work was when I was the last person in the office. That was already 8 in the evening when I felt something fishy, so I was terrified. I stood up, picked up my bag, and left the office without putting off the lights and the two aicons. The next day, my boss was mad and I was her suspect . One aircon overheated.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I once made the mistake of beginning to process a new customer's order for printing services without first requiring him to pay some deposit. It was only after incurring a considerable expense in purchasing additional paper and printing hundreds of copies of the work that I discovered that this person's agenda was simply to distract me so as to execute some criminal activities.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Everyone of us while we are still alive are bound to make one mistake or the other. We are mortal and not infallible. The purpose of the mistake is to learn from it. So when mistake is made, we must learn from it and made redress of the situation so that such mistake would not occur again.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

You are very lucky that the student didn't end up dying because you could have been a very different case and you must pay the price for it. You might loss your job and get jailed too.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
This is one of the reasons why most schools ban beating students either with the use of cane or any kind of beating. this may complicate issue just as your experience on that above.
It was a really scary thing. I was at the back of the class telling the students not to make noise and this boy was just disturbing the class. With that anger, I went and gave him just one slap and the boy fell flat and didn't open his eyes. The vice principal and other staff had to come and administer first aid.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
It was a really scary thing. I was at the back of the class telling the students not to make noise and this boy was just disturbing the class. With that anger, I went and gave him just one slap and the boy fell flat and didn't open his eyes. The vice principal and other staff had to come and administer first aid.
That is why I rarely hit a child in my days as a teacher. I go for punishments like kneeling down and even that is always scary for me. Anything can happen and you don't know the conditions the child came to school with.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually , no one would have expected it to lead to such and I am very sure after that experience you Won't want to use cane on kids any longer so it won't repeat itself.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Actually , no one would have expected it to lead to such and I am very sure after that experience you Won't want to use cane on kids any longer so it won't repeat itself.
I didn't even use a cane. It was a slap and I learnt my lesson. We have to be very careful when dealing with kids as it is in their nature to throw tantrums.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well I didn't make the biggest mistake I made at my place of work who was fabricating and appliance that who was discomforting to patient and after then I learned my mistake and did not repeat it again.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
That is why I rarely hit a child in my days as a teacher. I go for punishments like kneeling down and even that is always scary for me. Anything can happen and you don't know the conditions the child came to school with.
Exactly. Some kids are not even healthy. You may hit a child and he will pass out. You might end up killing a child.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.925
Q
Oh wow, the student fainted? I can imagine What was going through you mind back then. But what did the said student do that made you go to such lengths? Students can be annoying though, no doubt about that.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I made the mistake of investing money in HYIPs. Other than that, I also made the mistake of trusting a girl whom I loved. Other than that, I do not think that I made a really huge mistake per say.

Back