Can Company Benefit from Free Food?

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
There are companies or employers that offer free food to their employees. Free meal or free snacks.

At my work, they offer free snacks to employees. We have two offices that we rent in a co-working space. The two offices have one fridge each to keep the drinks and milk cold. We also have cookies, chips, instant noodles, chocolates, mixed nuts, cereals and others. We have a monthly budget for it.

But I wonder what benefits can the company get from it?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think the company can actually benefit by offering free food to the staff. That's because the staff will have more time to work

Rubz

Notable
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.867
Companies can definitely benefit from this. This is because it would help staffs to be motivated and more focused in doing their work, thereby improving the sales of the company.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
In my city, it's quite common for companies to offer free drinks and snacks to the staff. This is considered as a benefit. When the staff gets tired or stressed out, s(he) can take a short break at the company's pantry and have a drink and enjoy some snacks.

Nite

Notable
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$4.020
Raw Dex
$0.221
Offering free meals or snacks can save employees both time and money that they would usually spend on buying food outside of work. This can boost productivity since employees can concentrate better on their tasks without the distraction of planning meals or stepping out to get food.

Back