Can I make money selling domain name?

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have seen this many places that we can make money selling domain name but my question now is that how can I start this kind of business?

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes! There is money to make from the business but there is need to have some fund to host it or them. Though hosting is not costly as before. You can get hosting services at cheap rate of $2 yearly. In fact, it is the hosting that makes the domain your own truly.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.000
Theoretically speaking, you can sell domains and make money. However, from a practical point of view, you will not be able to sell domains. There are a lot of domain extensions available so, people are no longer paying a high amount for a domain.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
There is something called domain flipping which is where you buy a domain name as cheaply as you can and then keep it until someone is interested in the domain you will usually sell it for more than you paid for it in the first place meaning you will make a profit.

It is a business that you could get into but you would need experience in choosing the right domain names that would more than likely people would be interested in and would want to buy from you for more than you paid for it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
Though i have not done it personally so i do not have any experience with it but i believe it is possible. I do hear people talk about in on BMF and other forums.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.130
You must rank domain on search engine if you want sell it and that is not easy job. Make backlinks, advertise it, bring traffic (best would be organic), ranked it for specific keyword. All this stuff must be done if you want sell domain for higher price.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.460
Raw Dex
$0.050
People those have good know how about selling domain name are earning good money, I basically do not have much more idea about it so I did not tried to do this even I did not tried to learned it.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You can make a lot of money from selling domain names. This is a very profitable job and you can easily earn more than $100 per month, but it is a job that you need to have experience.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
You can make a lot of money from selling domain names. This is a very profitable job and you can easily earn more than $100 per month, but it is a job that you need to have experience.
Yes, you should also know that domain names may be in demand to be able to sell them easily, it is a business that not everyone can do, as you say it takes experience.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.090
Yes! There is money to make from the business but there is need to have some fund to host it or them. Though hosting is not costly as before. You can get hosting services at cheap rate of $2 yearly. In fact, it is the hosting that makes the domain your own truly.
Could you provide an example because 2 $ monthly and not yearly for hosting is something logical but 2 $ yearly exceeds the rental cost this is what I am thinking about hosting as seeing prices.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Domain reselling business used to be popular some years back. People scrambled to buy keyword domains and short word domains. However things are changing with newly introduced extensions. People prefer to make a slight change if the main word is not available.

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You can make money by selling domain names but i really do not know how one can go about it. I believe it's best to ask people who make money from this means.

You

Somewhat Known
May 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yes, you can make money selling domain names. Good domain names that are short, memorable, and relevant to popular searches or industries can sell for thousands or even millions of dollars. You can buy domain names speculatively and sell them for a profit, or purchase existing domains through auction marketplaces. Choosing domains wisely and marketing them effectively is key to successful domain name selling.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.995
For me personally, l have never done this kind of business because l don't even own a single website. However l have read it from different forums and sites that many people are making killing on the same business.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.090
Yes, you can make money selling domain names. Good domain names that are short, memorable, and relevant to popular searches or industries can sell for thousands or even millions of dollars. You can buy domain names speculatively and sell them for a profit, or purchase existing domains through auction marketplaces. Choosing domains wisely and marketing them effectively is key to successful domain name selling.
Some people buy a website and hosting and grow it and sell it with a margin will be more profitable than the trade of the domain name this is another perspective but needs a lot of work as many needs ready website monetized and not from scratch.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
If you have a good domain or website, the domain brokers will directly contact you and you can sell the domain at good price. Since top companies, officials have ruthlessly cheated me, I could sell one domain at a better price.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.090
If you have a good domain or website, the domain brokers will directly contact you and you can sell the domain at good price. Since top companies, officials have ruthlessly cheated me, I could sell one domain at a better price.
Some people sell website with domain name it is more profitable than selling domain name only.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
Some people sell website with domain name it is more profitable than selling domain name only.
If the website is making plenty of money from advertising or other sources, the seller will definitely get a better price. However, the actual price depends on the quality of the domain, with short domains being sold for a higher price.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.090
If the website is making plenty of money from advertising or other sources, the seller will definitely get a better price. However, the actual price depends on the quality of the domain, with short domains being sold for a higher price.
This is what I mean exactly you could see a big difference in term of price properly or the revenue but it needs a little bit more work like administration work rather than only sell of domain name only for example.

Back