Can one make money selling textbooks?.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Now that the world is endowed with internet and most of human activities now depend on the internet, there are some businesses that have become extincted or outdated because they are affected by internet. One of the businesses is textbook selling.
In the olden days, this selling of textbooks was so lucrative that it can be found almost everywhere. Due to proliferation of schools, many people were engaging in the business.
But now, most schools don't depend on textbooks any more. Students depend on internet to make research. Lecturers do give lectures online and distribute ebooks for their students.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I think it is possible. I heard that Study Pool will help us sell textbooks in the form of PDF, Microsoft Word, etc. You can try it and explore the site.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
Students still use textbooks in my location. It is a profitable business here since students need to buy textbooks for their studies every year, although they search for information on the net quite often.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
Yea, sure, one can make money selling text books, this is because some people prefer their books in hard cover or hard copies while some want it in softcopies.so it just depends on people's preferences, so in any way you can always sell textbooks profitably.
Now that the world is endowed with internet and most of human activities now depend on the internet, there are some businesses that have become extincted or outdated because they are affected by internet. One of the businesses is textbook selling.
In the olden days, this selling of textbooks was so lucrative that it can be found almost everywhere. Due to proliferation of schools, many people were engaging in the business.
But now, most schools don't depend on textbooks any more. Students depend on internet to make research. Lecturers do give lectures online and distribute ebooks for their students.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
All you need to do is to make your textbooks in pdf format and put them on book platforms for sale. I bought Blanchard in my university days as pdf and all my mates also bought because the book was encrypted to work on only one device per copy.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
In my country the selling of the hard copies text books for the school work is still very profitable. In fact every student is expected to have their own copies for the text books being used by the syllabus.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
The key to success in this business is that you network and have connections to be supplying to schools. It sells like water if you can strike a good deal with the schools.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No matter how lucrative the business is it is seasonal in nature. This is a business whose demands only increases during school sessions. Immediately schools go on vacation, its demand drops.
Similarly, internet has adversely affect the market of the hard copied textbooks. Students are now resorting online as their basis for resources research.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I still feel that selling textbooks would still work as I believe there will still be students or even parents looking for text books for their kids when it comes to learning. Some schools even still use textbooks when they teach as well.

It is true that the internet really is the more popular source of learning but you will always get people who will prefer textbooks to online.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Students in my country are still using textbooks and I know It is a profitable business here so anyone can indulge this business students need to buy textbooks for their studies

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Every business has its Market and target audience. Textbooks are used in schools, so selling them would definitely be lucrative. The most important thing is knowing your target audience and look for a way to attract them.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
For me I think the business is so lucrative when located in the right location. For instance places near the learning institutions like schools, town centres and densely populated areas.

chunchun

Complete Stranger
Nov 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am thinking of writing study guides like math and physics and try to sell ebooks to earn royalties in Amazon kdp , do you think is it possible to earn there ? Thx

Back