Corporal punishment

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Did you get a beating from teachers at school? We did. I feared that. There would be a certain day of the week where male teachers would go out and find long stick that would be used to beat us as punishment for either noise making, failing to submit homeworks or failing subjects. Maximum would be 5 strokes on the bum. After those strokes you wouldn't even sit down, the bums would be on fire.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Hilda

Unfamiliar
Jul 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I also used to be cained when I was in primary school but it was too much. Teachers were too much, you are beaten because of some silly reasons and I hated that. In highschool the caining wasn't that much since we are almost grown ups.l I am glad am through with that chapter if my life.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
I was beaten with a stick on my hands, back of hands and also on my legs by my Hindi teacher and on those days I was not good at Hindi but I feel she shouldn't have beaten us like that as I was a good student but not in Hindi

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
I also believe that most of the schools have been eliminated but still, there are cases where they are still beating kids or slapping them as a way to punish them but its totally wrong

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I also believe that most of the schools have been eliminated but still, there are cases where they are still beating kids or slapping them as a way to punish them but its totally wrong
It traumatises the kids. Some even get to a point where they get afraid of going to school. Punishment without beating a kid still works as a desciplined method

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
It traumatises the kids. Some even get to a point where they get afraid of going to school. Punishment without beating a kid still works as a desciplined method
It's a past way to make kids disciplined and this may have worked in the past but these days kids are more sensitive and there is no place for physical punishment.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's a past way to make kids disciplined and this may have worked in the past but these days kids are more sensitive and there is no place for physical punishment.
Exactly. Plus kids of this era speak out. In the past we accepted corporal punishment,today they are child line helplines and social media, they voice out and get heard

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
Exactly. Plus kids of this era speak out. In the past we accepted corporal punishment,today they are child line helplines and social media, they voice out and get heard
Yes recently I saw video of a lady teacher slapping a Girl and the video went viral so this is another reason why they shouldn't physically punish anyone

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
What happened to the teacher? Did she not get punished or fired? Here wheen such videos emerge they get fired, suspended or banned from teaching.
I am sorry I didn't read the whole story and just read the headline, I am sure she has learned her lesson and won't repeat

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Still there are cases like that and I have somehow noticed that its the female teachers that sometimes slap Girls just to prove their point
Females like to act on emotions. Which is not good at all. They end up overreacting and doing more harm.

Last edited:

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have observed that and I think if in case the school happens to be co-education then the teacher may not take such action
I feel.the more kids speak out the more teachers will fear taking such drastic ways. I feel.its inhuman to inflict so much pain on another human being,especially kids, innocent souls who are still learning the difference between wrong and right

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.828
I feel.the more kids speak out the more teachers will fear taking such drastic ways. I feel.its inhuman to inflict so much pain on another human being,especially kids, innocent souls who are still learning the difference between wrong and right
Exactly and was shocked to hear that Hilda was canned on butt and cam imagine how painful it would have been

Back