Difference between saving and investing?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
Recently I have come to understand that most people tend to mistake savings for investing. Especially for does who save their money in the bank then gets a little interest from it, they assume this is also the same thing as investing. For me I believe saving simply have to do with keep money for future use. It does not generate capital for you, highest it's probably just a little profit. Investing on the other hand, has to do with putting in your money with an expectation of making more money in return.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.150
When you save money, your money does not grow, when you invest money, your money grows, sometimes it even multiplies. How much you get from your money is what determines whether you are saving or investing.

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
There are so many ways that we can differentiate investment and saving at first if you save your money it's not going to increase but investment will make your cash grow so investment is better than saving

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
There are so many ways that we can differentiate investment and saving at first if you save your money it's not going to increase but investment will make your cash grow so investment is better than saving
Yes, this is why they always advise does who want to get rich to always have an investment, cause saving alone cannot grow your capital.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
When you save your money, you will only wait for it there in the bank with a small interest while investing, your money may double or triple depending on the investment you have made.

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
When you save your money, you will only wait for it there in the bank with a small interest while investing, your money may double or triple depending on the investment you have made.
Except you had good amount of money in the bank which can bring you good interest, as for me I will say that investment is much more better than saving because it's going to bring you good amount of return if you definitely invest in a trendy market

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
There is a big difference between investment and savings. Savings involves putting certain amount of the money you make into a savings account but investment is when you put the money in a business in anticipation to make profit.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
There is a big difference between investment and savings. Savings involves putting certain amount of the money you make into a savings account but investment is when you put the money in a business in anticipation to make profit.
Very true, the highest you can get from saving is a little percentage but with investing, there is an expectation to get more profit and make more from it. Though the risk is also higher.

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
Very true, the highest you can get from saving is a little percentage but with investing, there is an expectation to get more profit and make more from it. Though the risk is also higher.
The percentage which you are talking about that must be saving in the bank so I think that investment is the better option you will definitely make good roi if you invest wisely

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
The percentage which you are talking about that must be saving in the bank so I think that investment is the better option you will definitely make good roi if you invest wisely
Very true, the key is just to invest wisely like you have said. Make sure you are investing in something that is legit. Take time out to carry out research before investing.

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
Very true, the key is just to invest wisely like you have said. Make sure you are investing in something that is legit. Take time out to carry out research before investing.
talking about the lightness of the website which you need to invest I believe that if you conduct better research before you invest you won't fall a victim to any scam so investment and niches research goes together saving is just to keep your money at one place to avoid misuse

Ofonime

Notable
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.009
Raw Dex
$0.210
I think saving is the act of putting money aside for future use while investing is the putting in money to programs that can generate interest over time.
Yes that is true but investment is the best if you invest your money definitely you will get good roi but if you save your money it will never increase its going to remain there for your future use

Ratine

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.390
Savings is the money put aside frequently for the future use while investment is the putting of money into business ventures that earns small return over time.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.608
They are two completely different things. Investing is just putting money in to let it grow. With investing, your aim is to make a profit, and there are huge risks to it.

Kera

Somewhat Known
Jun 18, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.263
Savings just involves putting your funds into one account for when you might need it. Investment involves using the funds to buy an asset to resell.

Back