Do members who have a full time job post on this forum during office hours?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Do members of this forum like ginger who have a full time job with monthly salary, post on the forum during office hours , and do they use office internet connection, computer for posting?

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think some do. I think it depends on how much work they have on the table. I doubt if they are really bizzy they would have time to log in and indulge in posting.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a part time job and generally I get done with my work by 11 or 12..So, I have more than half of the day for online work and household chores. My work time is from 8-12. And generally I have 30 minutes break. I mostly do some work related to my job in that time. But sometimes I am free and I would go online. I do that using my personal phone.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sometimes, I visit MyLot and here during office hours. If I am idle at work, I can visit sites on my phone not on my work PC.
But lately, I cannot maximize my reading and commenting on MyLot because there's so much work to do. I need to focus.
I KNOW, youre too busy these days my friend. But busy its mean that everything is good. So, take your time. I know too, you spend most of your free time here. LOL

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I do but when I have no work or in breaks. I cannot use my work PC there because we are not given internet access to it.
It's unprofessional to use the work PC for our personal net surfing and online earnings. I am surprised that you are not given internet access to your PC. It must be Intranet access.
My husband's office has a very strict rule. They are into banking and finance sector. So, security is of utmost importance. They can't access anything outside the office net on the laptop given by the corporate.
My husband would do all his personal stuff like payments, personal mails etc on his personal laptop.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's unprofessional to use the work PC for our personal net surfing and online earnings. I am surprised that you are not given internet access to your PC. It must be Intranet access.
My husband's office has a very strict rule. They are into banking and finance sector. So, security is of utmost importance. They can't access anything outside the office net on the laptop given by the corporate.
My husband would do all his personal stuff like payments, personal mails etc on his personal laptop.
When i was working in several company, i only use my laptop for works purpose only and doing my phone for personal things. And that several company allow us to use wifi (provide by the company) for our phone. Because they have unlimited internet. As long as we dont use it while working.

As far as i remember, i knew some employee who will use that internet access from their phone or their personal laptop for their personal needs after working hours. And thats fine, as long as you used your personal laptop or phone.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you Ric. I will go to all the comments tonight. I have lots of notifications now on MyLot.
I knew it, you have a lot of friends, no wonder then. Are you still on holiday, right?

Last edited:

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.023
It's not the question of using the wifi, they dont allow us because they dont want their employees to waste their time in their personal work. That's their strategy.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When i was working in several company, i only use my laptop for works purpose only and doing my phone for personal things. And that several company allow us to use wife (provide by the company) for our phone. Because they have unlimited internet. As long as we dont use it while working.

As far as i remember, i knew some employee who will use that internet access from their phone or their personal laptop for their personal needs after working hours. And thats fine, as long as you used your personal laptop or phone.
Post automatically merged:

I knew it, you have a lot of friends, no wonder then. Are you still on holiday, right?
Actually that is the right ethical and professional way to do it. I know most people follow the ethics of the work they are into. But there would be always a handful who would try to take undue advantage of everything. That's why, most of the corporate that give you laptop for work purposes make sure that it can not be used for personal matters. They restrict and block the use for personal matters.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's not the question of using the wifi, they dont allow us because they dont want their employees to waste their time in their personal work. That's their strategy.
I get all acces but i knew that i have a lot of jobs, because when the job was not done that day, i will did the extra hours to finish it, so i was so focus on my job on working hours and my wife knew that i will respond to her message only on lunch break or after done with the works. So, i dont have problems with it.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.023
I get all acces but i knew that i have a lot of jobs, because when the job was not done that day, i will did the extra hours to finish it, so i was so focus on my job on working hours and my wife knew that i will respond to her message only on lunch break or after done with the works. So, i dont have problems with it.

Most of companies do that. They give so much workload to their employees that they cannot breath properly. My wife also complains as sometimes I dont get the time to respond to her messages.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Actually that is the right ethical and professional way to do it. I know most people follow the ethics of the work they are into. But there would be always a handful who would try to take undue advantage of everything. That's why, most of the corporate that give you laptop for work purposes make sure that it can not be used for personal matters. They restrict and block the use for personal matters.
FYI, one of the company that i was working with, even gave me macbook for my works and they gave me permission to bring that macbook to my home everyday (If i did something bad with it i had to handle it on my own). So, yeah, we have to be professional and money will follow.

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do members of this forum like ginger who have a full time job with monthly salary, post on the forum during office hours , and do they use office internet connection, computer for posting?
I am not working offline so I post from but yeah maybe there are many people who are posting from office.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
FYI, one of the company that i was working with, even gave me macbook for my works and they gave me permission to bring that macbook to my home everyday (If i did something bad with it i had to handle it on my own). So, yeah, we have to be professional and money will follow.
Even my husband brings his work laptop given by his company home. He works from home thrice a week and even has to do some extra work sometimes on weekends. His office laptop has blocked everything else that people can do outside the office related work.
You are right that people have to behave professional and follow the work ethics. But sadly some don't. And that's why companies have to put these restrictions for moral policing.

Back