Do you believe that sharing meals can help people get through cultural barriers in the workplace?

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It won't so much. That's because some people are not comfortable with earing in public. It is better to have close collaborations and working relationships to breach cultural diversity.
I am also among the people who does not like to eat in public and I really do not fancy other people's foods. That is just my nature.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
It won't so much. That's because some people are not comfortable with earing in public. It is better to have close collaborations and working relationships to breach cultural diversity.
There is no need to create a big fuss when working together. The aim is to achieve the common goals. If we keep on contradicting to each other, then nothing will be accomplished in the end. All of you had wasted the precious time.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is obviously a good way to build bonds within staff of an organization. We all know that food has a way of creating bonds between people that eat together.

I actually believe that snacks can actually be shared among workers but not actually a meal that someone prepared from their home and took it to their workplace.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You're right, sharing snacks or buying for your work colleagues is much better in my perspective. Not everyone will be able to eat your own food you prepared from home.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
I actually believe that snacks can actually be shared among workers but not actually a meal that someone prepared from their home and took it to their workplace.
Due to this pandemic thing, it is not good to share slow food to others at workplace. Unless, you really trust someone who is sharing them. Before the pandemic, it is possible to do such a thing. I guess it depends on what culture you are practicing.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, every province has their own culture thing. It means we have our differences in cultures and practices. I used to work with diversified people. The best way for me to get close to them is through sharing food or dishes that are not the same with them. I must say that it is a good way to make friends with our colleagues in the company.

That's right, sharing food among co-workers can add to a warm and friendly atmosphere. Besides that, it will make them love each other and increase a sense of solidarity together.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
That's right, sharing food among co-workers can add to a warm and friendly atmosphere. Besides that, it will make them love each other and increase a sense of solidarity together.
When I am still working in my previous companies, I used to share my mom's home-made dishes to my co-workers. At some point, I was able to make friends and build a good friendship with them.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, every province has their own culture thing. It means we have our differences in cultures and practices. I used to work with diversified people. The best way for me to get close to them is through sharing food or dishes that are not the same with them. I must say that it is a good way to make friends with our colleagues in the company.
I have tried this and it worked well for me. I also believe that it will work well for other people but that is if truly you are willing to learn or know about the culture of other people.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I am still working in my previous companies, I used to share my mom's home-made dishes to my co-workers. At some point, I was able to make friends and build a good friendship with them.

That's right, it is effective to build warmth and friendship by sharing what little food we have. Because they will feel that we care, so they will like us. Although it doesn't apply to everyone, there are people who underestimate small gifts, it all depends on the person's attitude.

Samuzor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, it will, think about it. Nigeria as a country is filled with various ethnicity and religions, we have various ideology, culture and social preference. One of the best ways to ensure harmony is with sharing.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is exactly the way it is with most people and some people will even find it offensive when you are trying to share your food with them because they have insecurity issues.

Well, I think that it is very common for many people to share meals. In many countries many people may work and many of those people may belong to different countries and different cultures.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.560
Every company is different in the way they deal with different things so if they believe in sharimh meals with people to keep them then so be it Anything to help

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
Maybe organize some dinner at somebody place. Host can cook and others can help him. It would be like some type of team building. It can be funny to and play social games.
Yes i have heard about it, some do call it team dinner. Where members of the team come together and eat together, they do not really talk about work, they simply relax, eat and get to know each other better.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well I wouldn't say cultural barriers but I do know it would get people closer to each other and it's a friendly approach.
We all know a good conversation is best held while eating

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I want to share food with coworkers to promote cultural diversity, I make them a plate and give it to them instead of sharing mine. Some people won't eat in the same plate with you but will gladly accept the one you give them.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Due to this pandemic thing, it is not good to share slow food to others at workplace. Unless, you really trust someone who is sharing them. Before the pandemic, it is possible to do such a thing. I guess it depends on what culture you are practicing.
Exactly. Personally, I have trust issues, so it's going to be very difficult for me to get close to eat one's food at work. I can take a snacks pack and not cut from someone's own.

Back