Do you feel uncomfortable when there is silence at work?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
For me, I do not mind. I trained myself to work with loud noises or not. It is a matter of being flexible at all times. If we are so sensitive and cannot adjust to the working condition, it will surely affect our performance at work. However, we also need to know what is real nature of the jobs before whining about it.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Same here I do not mind. I even prefer a noiseless environment as it helps me to work with effectively. I don't even like loud noises as I get distracted.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Why would anyone feel uncomfortable when there is silence at work?. After all, it is not all businesses or companies that are noisy in nature. Go to professional firms like insurance, law chambers, banks, courts etc, silence must be maintained there. Silence is their decorum. It is only in factories that are are noisy in nature.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
No, I actually prefer a silent environment so that I can focus on doing my work without any distraction. Unless in meetings, workers should not talk often when they are working.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
For me, I do not mind. I trained myself to work with loud noises or not. It is a matter of being flexible at all times. If we are so sensitive and cannot adjust to the working condition, it will surely affect our performance at work. However, we also need to know what is real nature of the jobs before whining about it.

Before you are apply for any job I believe that you should already know the nature of the job that you are expected to carry out and also the business operation. If it's something that is going to be very noisy, you are going to be aware of it before you are even employed.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, I actually prefer a silent environment so that I can focus on doing my work without any distraction. Unless in meetings, workers should not talk often when they are working.
Not only you. Being online business man, I prefer silence environment to work. I feel relaxed and concentrate. My mind is not infiltrated with noises and therefore affect my reasoning faculty. Radio I don't tune. Television I don't switch on. No wonder our past renowned philosophers went to remote places for their sober inspirations.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.060
I live alone but I work at very loud place, in school. I don't mind noise but for somethings I like when is quite. Especially when kids are not in school and I am doing paper work.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
For me there are times where i just want to hear some noise, most of those times i simply listen to music. While there are times i simply need peace and quite to work.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.608
Dead silance no but when people just work I don't mind for me it's worse when people talk constantly I'm very distracted and annoyed when that happens if it's very silent I try to talk a bit

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me there are times where i just want to hear some noise, most of those times i simply listen to music. While there are times i simply need peace and quite to work.
This is ideal. It is better to listen to radio or television when your body feels to have noises. Individual with different disposition to noises. I have heard from one of my friends who said he can't live where there is no noise.
AS for me, I like a very quite place that won't cause distraction for me.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It makes sense for me when there is silence at work. It helps the work to flow without distractions. You only talk when it is work related.

This is exactly how I like to work because distractions can always make it uncomfortable for you to be well focused and carry out your job successfully.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
This is exactly how I like to work because distractions can always make it uncomfortable for you to be well focused and carry out your job successfully.
That's right, the noise makes me dizzy and hard to concentrate. Especially when it's a job that requires high concentration, I really need peace. A quiet place can make me work better.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
No, I even enjoy it as I actually prefer a silent environment with no noise so that I can focus on doing my work without any distraction.which is the best

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
For me I am just feeling Normal. I am never feeling any uncomfortable when there is silence at the workplace. The would depends on the type of the job done on the workplace.

Back