Do you pay dues in your business?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$6.603
I don't know about other places but over here, the moment you own a business and have a physical store, besides paying your store rent, you would still have to certain dues. I was cutting my hair some weeks back and some men came in, they said they where community officials and they where collecting dues, apparently store owners would have to pay things like traders dues and even pay if there is an extension of their store outside like maybe an extra roof or a signboard. According to them, this money goes to the community. Personally i feel this does not make sense as its more like a way to milk these people who are struggling to earn.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.025
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes when I had my first business I was paying high bills and dues for my shop like you have stated it is a way to milk people who are struggling to earn. Some are just fraudulent.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Here we have very serious strictness on paying dues, if someone found guilty and get proved, then he may lose his business on the complain of concern department. So it's better to follow all rules and regulations.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not dues if it is gotten by the community. That is taxes. The business person must access the taxation requirements of a particular community before he or she goes ahead to establish a business in such a community.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't pay any dues in my business. The only thing I pay for is yearly tax which is gotten by the board of internal revenue. Small businesses are not supposed to be part of those levies to help them grow.

HansonU99

Unfamiliar
Nov 2, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.103
I don't pay any dues in my business. The only thing I pay for is yearly tax which is gotten by the board of internal revenue. Small businesses are not supposed to be part of those levies to help them grow.
Same with me when I see this thread I ask myself how can due be paid on business the only thing I do on my business is to ensure that I pay my tax

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.020
l think this is not the first time l get to hear about the dues collection from the business owners by the local authorities. However in my country we businessmen would pay business licenses and their rental space.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, here in my country, people pay dues for their business stores. I too think that it is unnecessary for businesses to be asked to pay these dues. They are already struggling so much with taxes and other expenses.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.550
In my country, the government agency in charge of taxes is now requiring online sellers. They were asking for the required permits to continue selling on e-commerce platforms. That is the reason why I need to stop working hard on my online shop.

Back