Do you still have shops that sell music CDs on your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
There was a time when selling of musical CDs and movie CDs were in vogue. In that time, people that sold those CDs used to make so much money. In this days of YouTube and Netflix, is the business still moving in your country?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.550
Nobody wants to do such businesses again as we are now in a digital world where people have movies and songs in their phones and others even subscribe on their gotvs and dstvs.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
This is one business that advancement of technology has rendered non existent. When devices have memory spaces that are on hundreds of gigabytes, no one needs CD any longer.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.555
Raw Dex
$1.413
I think there are still some shops who have some stocks of CDs. I doubt if there are still some people who are going to buy them. It has been many years that they are gaining profit with this matter.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Even though, many music lovers are getting their music online, there are plenty shops in Nigeria where you can get music CD.
Some people are still engaging in the trade and if they don't have patronage, they would have stopped it.
Not all music lovers are conversant on how to get their favorite music online.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Even though, many music lovers are getting their music online, there are plenty shops in Nigeria where you can get music CD.
Some people are still engaging in the trade and if they don't have patronage, they would have stopped it.
Not all music lovers are conversant on how to get their favorite music online.
Are you sure that those people are making any sales? That business might to a large extent work only in the rural area where people don't have access to internet.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes you can watch video on YouTube and Netflix now but there are still some people who still deal in that old style, so people that will sell too will still be selling it, but it won't be as rampant as then when we are only depend on CDs

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was a time when selling of musical CDs and movie CDs were in vogue. In that time, people that sold those CDs used to make so much money. In this days of YouTube and Netflix, is the business still moving in your country?
We still have a shop called HMV in some big Cities, the one closest to me has closed so I was gutted.
I think some big supermarkets still sell some cd's along with some dvd's but not many any more.
It is very sad, as as a child it was great to just go and look at the records and cd's.
When I was very young there was a shop and you could listen to the music in a booth before you decided if you wanted to buy the record or not.
I still listen to music on a few cassttess

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are still people who sell CDs but most people now sell audio. People can still listen to audio songs in their car, work place or at home, though they can download the songs online but some people still prefer buying the CD

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are still people who sell CDs but most people now sell audio. People can still listen to audio songs in their car, work place or at home, though they can download the songs online but some people still prefer buying the CD
They do, in my husband's car we have to play cd's or listen off his phone as his car has no blue tooth???
Think that is correct, I am a bit of a dinosaur on techo things, by choice

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.540
Raw Dex
$0.003
About a year ago, a big shop selling music and video CDs closed down. That is not surprising as not many people buy CDs nowadays. There are a few small shops still selling CDs here. I'm not sure if they are making profits.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
About a year ago, a big shop selling music and video CDs closed down. That is not surprising as not many people buy CDs nowadays. There are a few small shops still selling CDs here. I'm not sure if they are making profits.
Records are making a big come back, perhaps the cd will as well.

I will always buy cd's as long as they sell them, I am an old fashioned girl

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

What do you think is the perfect replacement for people selling CDs before technology make them have reduction in the quantity of CDs that they sell since their buyers now have better alternative

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What do you think is the perfect replacement for people selling CDs before technology make them have reduction in the quantity of CDs that they sell since their buyers now have better alternative
I don't know, I would never sell any of my cd's.

I still have most of my records, hubby is gutted he got rid of all his, I told him not to.
Need to get a record player again to listen to them

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yes of course, we still have so much shops in Lagos Nigeria that are into that kind of business. One of their biggest market is Alaba International Market Lagos.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes of course, we still have so much shops in Lagos Nigeria that are into that kind of business. One of their biggest market is Alaba International Market Lagos.
Great that you still have shops like that in your country, it would be a big shame if all these shops closed

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
We do still have stores that still sell CDs over here, they are not as widely bought as they used to be now but they are still available for those who do like to still collect them.

My daughter has still been buying CDs, she collects the BTS albums so she is someone who still buys CDs.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.810
The new generation of PC doesn't read CD anymore means it stills some people having old kind of PC that have CD reader but they may disappear in future and another technology replaces CD.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$1.810
I think there are some in capital city. In my town and nearby for sure we don't have. You can order some online. I know one store take orders for new albums and you can get it with orginal sign of author or band members.

Susye

Somewhat Known
Apr 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We do still have stores that still sell CDs over here, they are not as widely bought as they used to be now but they are still available for those who do like to still collect them.

My daughter has still been buying CDs, she collects the BTS albums so she is someone who still buys CDs.
I was so gutted when the HMV in the nearest city to us closed. Used to love going to have a look round, I should have spent more money in there.
There is a HMV in the city that our daughter is at uni, but not the same.
I also like the music BTS make but do not have any CD's of them
Post automatically merged:

I think there are some in capital city. In my town and nearby for sure we don't have. You can order some online. I know one store take orders for new albums and you can get it with orginal sign of author or band members.
Ordering on lime doesn't have the buzz of going to the store and buying, or am I just showing my age now?
Post automatically merged:

The new generation of PC doesn't read CD anymore means it stills some people having old kind of PC that have CD reader but they may disappear in future and another technology replaces CD.
It may fade out, but the record faded out and has now made a big come back, I kept a lot of my records, my husband is now so gutted that he got rid of all his, I did try very hard to get him to keep some.
I am saving to buy another hi fi unit that plays records, CD's and cassettes, as I still have a few cassettes.
In the kitchen I have a CD player that also plays the cassettes, but I want to play records as well while I am cooking the tea, baking etc, and you can't hear if you put the records on in the sitting room

Back