Do you think cryptocurrency increase illegal activities?

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As we all know there are a lots of countries which are banning use of cryptocurrencies and in some countries using cryptocurrency is considered as an illegal thing and you will face some banishments for using it or for holding cryptocurrencies, and the governments of those countries are banning using crypto the reason was because some criminals use the crypto coins for transaction their illegal moneys without any fear because the transaction of crypto is untraceable and uncontrolled by central bank system.
So do you think cryptocurrency really increase illegal activates?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Large amounts of crypto may be used for illegal activities. However I have noticed that a large number of online businesses are having their paypal account closed, so they are using crypto for making payment, usually for small amounts.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.218
For sure the crypto currency doesn't increase any fraudulent activities in my own opinion. This is because the whole thing of the crypto currency is controlled by the Blockchain and every transaction is encrypted by it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.018
One of the reasons why the government in my country placed a ban on crypto was cause they believed a lot of people where using it for illegal activities such and money laundering.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
I feel cryptocurrency given us a lot of support as we were able to write well, and able to do other tasks but mostly sites were giving only one payment option, which mostly were not available in all countries. Now these people easily take withdraw in cryptocurrency.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Large amounts of crypto may be used for illegal activities. However I have noticed that a large number of online businesses are having their paypal account closed, so they are using crypto for making payment, usually for small amounts.
In my country some illegal peoples use cryptocurrency for illegal things like money exchanging or transactions and also for black market system, they sell cryptocurrency wit the black market price and they take payments for some criminal things with bitcoin so the government will not know.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
In my country some illegal peoples use cryptocurrency for illegal things like money exchanging or transactions and also for black market system, they sell cryptocurrency wit the black market price and they take payments for some criminal things with bitcoin so the government will not know.
I am not aware of the illegal activities, the government should track the source of funds and reason for payment to determine whether it is legal or not. For online workers making less money, it is only a paypal alternative.

ekta

Complete Stranger
Dec 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cryptocurrencies can be used for both legal and illegal activities. While they offer privacy and decentralization, this attracts illicit transactions. However, the majority of cryptocurrency users engage in lawful activities, and regulatory measures are evolving to address potential misuse.
Post automatically merged:

Cryptocurrencies can be used for both legal and illegal activities. While they offer privacy and decentralization, this attracts illicit transactions. However, the majority of cryptocurrency users engage in lawful activities, and regulatory measures are evolving to address potential misuse.
Post automatically merged:

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am not aware of the illegal activities, the government should track the source of funds and reason for payment to determine whether it is legal or not. For online workers making less money, it is only a paypal alternative.
Yeah if the payment have central control and if the government can trace and regulate any money transaction maid by peoples then it is no problem, but with crypto transactions no one can trace the transactions and money sent between peoples so it will be hard.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
While cryptocurrency may facilitate criminal activities, it doesn't seem to be doing that more than any other financial tool. Infact, reports show that more money is lost through criminal activities through fiat than cryptocurrency.

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have only noticed in my country that such activities have increased very much and even the government itself is trying to fight it, but I can't stop it because no one controls cryptocurrency, so it will be easy to use it for illegal operations

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have only noticed in my country that such activities have increased very much and even the government itself is trying to fight it, but I can't stop it because no one controls cryptocurrency, so it will be easy to use it for illegal operations
Yeah also in my country they are using crypto coins for some illegal things like money launder and also for payment system for illegal activities.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
One of the characteristics of crypto is that it is anonymous, it is not known who the sender and recipient are, especially if you use a private coin whose traces will be traced, so it is often used by online criminals and transacts on the dark web, however, currently crypto is being reversed, but when it enters a crypto exchange then it will be easy to find out who the owner is.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah since the crypto transactions and crypto exchanges are untraceable and it is anonymous who the sender or the receiver is so it will be perfect transaction currency for those criminals.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.800
There were illegal activities long before cryptocurrency evolved, however, it is also true that cryptocurrencies have made easier for people to get into illegal activities, especially financial frauds and money laundering.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah there war illegal activities and criminals are using other things for their works, i have heard that on the dark web peoples are getting payments with crypto coins in order to avoid trace back, and to get anonymous.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
As with any other thing, people would always find loopholes to use it to do illegal things. Truth be told. It is easier to finance illegal activities with the nature of crypto existence.

Back