Do you think politics should be governed by religion?

bestwriter

Notable
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.003
That is exactly what is happening in India The ruling party is doing everything in its power to popagate Hinduism and the majority being Hindus they are at an advantage in the coming elections.

How much of it is being taken as a plus point is yet to be seen though as talking to some youngsters they say they want their daily bread and they are not bothered about religion.

What say?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
Personally I think religion is a completely different issue from politics, so it does not make sense to play with people's emotions through the use of their religion.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.440
That being the case then it is a sad issue, I think that they will not win because government policies and actions cannot be compared to how the religion wants things to be. Governments align with other governments that support immoral acts which religion does not approve. They sit and dine with those people and you expect religion to come and embrace them? No sir that will not happen a million times.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.980
Yes, I agree. I think it is essential for the church and state to be separate. It is best for the church to stay out of politics to prevent any potential conflicts.
But do you also realize, religion evolved as a political method. Back then the only law state could create were related to religions.

Cam

Administrator
Admin
Mar 30, 2024
Dex
$92.096
Raw Dex
$4.704
I believe in the separation of church and state. If a country has an official religion, perhaps that is an exception to that belief.

Back