Does social media actually make people less social?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
I believe one of the major reasons for the invention and introduction of social media is to make communication a lot easier, hence making people more social. But the reverse has been the case so far. these days we have a lot of persons who are now addicted to social media and have become socially awkward outside the social media.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe one of the major reasons for the invention and introduction of social media is to make communication a lot easier, hence making people more social. But the reverse has been the case so far. these days we have a lot of persons who are now addicted to social media and have become socially awkward outside the social media.
I agree with you to some point. Gadgets and apps on social media had become anti social because there is no personal social interaction. What happens isna virtual socialization process which is temporary in nature. When the account is closed or inactive the process of socialization ends.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.570
Well that technology for you. it comes with it's negative side too. I agree with you social media is making people to be anti social outside now which is bad

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.460
Raw Dex
$0.050
Yes I agree with you I remember the days before social media, people were moving here and there sometime we welcome our relatives and friends and sometime we go their home.Nowadays people even sending marriage cards on WhatsApp.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yup because people spend a lot of time on social media they spend like 4 hours a day scrolling so it makes then less social and more addicted to social medias

Back