Does working online make you lonely?

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Many people choose online jobs as a source of income, whether they be traders, writers, etc. Online work is informal because we don't have to wear uniforms and shiny shoes, time is not tied to working hours. Even though there are many benefits of working online, without realizing it, it will have negative impacts such as loneliness, isolation from the environment and friends. So how do you get rid of feeling lonely and isolated from the environment?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.645
I feel isolated, lonely, and depressed at times. Working online will not be easy because it will become a routine. I go to the beach to unwind because I live in the northern surfing capital. I also de-stress by watching a feel-good movie or eating comfort food.

averygirl

Unfamiliar
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before it used to be lonely for me and depressing but now that I have my store I feel less lonely. I just work online while waiting for customers. I do meet different people everyday and interact with them and it makes me happy

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
No I don't feel lonely at all in fact I feel distracted. They are people always around to distract me with tslks so sometimes I stay away from them

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Many people choose online jobs as a source of income, whether they be traders, writers, etc. Online work is informal because we don't have to wear uniforms and shiny shoes, time is not tied to working hours. Even though there are many benefits of working online, without realizing it, it will have negative impacts such as loneliness, isolation from the environment and friends. So how do you get rid of feeling lonely and isolated from the environment?
Working online helps to ease my boredom because I am engaging with people so it is not boring for me

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
Working online does make a person feel lonely at times. As for me, I don't work online all the time. I always find time to meet with my family members and friends and for other social activities.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.203
Working online does not make me feel lonely in any way, if i even had more time to my self to work online i would most likely appreciate it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.750
That's perfect explanation how to get rid off loneliness. It's not easy to have your direct contact your computer screen and aircon or fan only. We need humans to talk to and interact
Though I have an offline job but I can suggest to those online full-time to talk to your family every now and then or make a call to your close friends.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
I am an introvert, and most introverts do well when they work online since they don't have to talk to people all the time and make small talk.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
It is impossible for me to feel lonely when working online. For the reason that I am a virtual teacher. So, I usually meet different sets of Chinese students online every day.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
I don't feel lonely when am working online. Sometimes, I prefer to have a calm house where everywhere is calm and quiet. I use to prefer early morning and late night when my children have went to sleep.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I don't feel lonely working online because it's something that I've been doing for so many years right now and I've already gotten very used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
I don't feel lonely when am working online. Sometimes, I prefer to have a calm house where everywhere is calm and quiet. I use to prefer early morning and late night when my children have went to sleep.
I can feel you with this concern. It has been more than 8 years that I am working online as an ESL Teacher. I never felt bored or even lonely because I meet students every day through video calling as a mode of teaching online.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I can feel you with this concern. It has been more than 8 years that I am working online as an ESL Teacher. I never felt bored or even lonely because I meet students every day through video calling as a mode of teaching online.

As long as I am making enough money from the job that I'm doing online, I will never be bored because that is the most important thing and making money always makes me happy.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
So far I don't feel lonely. I really enjoy working online, because by working online I am close to my family. Apart from that, I am always connected with friends via WhatsApp and even on the mylot and RIF sites I communicate a lot via inbox with friends from all over the world.

Back