AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
What is Etsy?

Etsy is an American E-commerce company that caters handmade items and craft materials.

There are lots of things you can sell on the platform from clothing, bags, jewelry, home decor, art work and others. They have their system to list items.

For example, if you are an artist, you can list your artworks using the platform. However, downside here is that they charge sellers with transaction fee of 6.5% of the total sale. That is Standard plan. Sellers can enjoy this for free. What are they getting from Standard Plan?

Etsy Standard includes all basic tools. The availability and pricing of certain paid services, such as Etsy Ads, Pattern, and Etsy Shipping Labels, remain unchanged. They are entitled to use this without monthly subscription.

If the seller wants to upgrade from Standard Plan he can do so by paying a monthly fee of $10 am month for Etsy Plus. The plan gives them the following:

- A monthly budget of credits for listings and Etsy Ads
- Access to a discount on a custom web address for your Etsy shop
Restock requests for shoppers interested in your items that have sold out
- Advanced shop customization options
- Access to discounts on custom packaging and promotional material like boxes, business cards, and signage

------------------
Discussion:
Can seller enjoy the plan they have if they are going to pay monthly? Or just stick with the basic plan and pay just the transaction fee everytime you generate a sale?

Are you going to consider Etsy to list your artworks, handmade stuff and others?

Source: https://help.etsy.com

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I spent a few days watching videos on YouTube about making money with Etsy and dreaming about how I could apply what I learned and it was exciting. The idea of coming up with 10 digital products you can produce once and sell millions of times still thrills me, but coming up with even 10 itens that fit that model without copying someone who is already established is not a simple task. Oh I have not given up on the idea yet and I still enjoy going to Etsy as well as YouTube to feed my dreams for an hour or so, but then it's time to get back to the real world and magnify what has already worked for me.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
I spent a few days watching videos on YouTube about making money with Etsy and dreaming about how I could apply what I learned and it was exciting. The idea of coming up with 10 digital products you can produce once and sell millions of times still thrills me, but coming up with even 10 itens that fit that model without copying someone who is already established is not a simple task. Oh I have not given up on the idea yet and I still enjoy going to Etsy as well as YouTube to feed my dreams for an hour or so, but then it's time to get back to the real world and magnify what has already worked for me.
My brother has listed his drawings on Etsy but I dare not to ask him how much he earns. But I know he earns from it since he quit his 9-5 job and now doing freelancing on his drawing on top of running the Etsy listing.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.291
It sounds appealing to me. But I am not good at crafty things. It is a good venue for the artists to sell their creations and to earn at the same time.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.002
Raw Dex
$0.001
Etsy is an online store that has gained recognition for a very long period of time and it is really making progress in the e-commerce industry.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Etsy is an online store that has gained recognition for a very long period of time and it is really making progress in the e-commerce industry.
That's right. My brother has been posting on Etsy to sell his drawings. Sometimes, he use Instagram to advertise his drawing for commission gig.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
What is Etsy?

Etsy is an American E-commerce company that caters handmade items and craft materials.

There are lots of things you can sell on the platform from clothing, bags, jewelry, home decor, art work and others. They have their system to list items.

For example, if you are an artist, you can list your artworks using the platform. However, downside here is that they charge sellers with transaction fee of 6.5% of the total sale. That is Standard plan. Sellers can enjoy this for free. What are they getting from Standard Plan?

Etsy Standard includes all basic tools. The availability and pricing of certain paid services, such as Etsy Ads, Pattern, and Etsy Shipping Labels, remain unchanged. They are entitled to use this without monthly subscription.

If the seller wants to upgrade from Standard Plan he can do so by paying a monthly fee of $10 am month for Etsy Plus. The plan gives them the following:

- A monthly budget of credits for listings and Etsy Ads
- Access to a discount on a custom web address for your Etsy shop
Restock requests for shoppers interested in your items that have sold out
- Advanced shop customization options
- Access to discounts on custom packaging and promotional material like boxes, business cards, and signage

------------------
Discussion:
Can seller enjoy the plan they have if they are going to pay monthly? Or just stick with the basic plan and pay just the transaction fee everytime you generate a sale?

Are you going to consider Etsy to list your artworks, handmade stuff and others?

Source: https://help.etsy.com
This website is a very popular one because I have read so many about it but I have not taken my time to check or try to register

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.006
I know about this e-commerce website, i have heard about it before but i have never really made use of it. Right now i do not have anything to sell on this site yet though.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Etsy is very popular ecommerce platform but it is expensive to have account there. I think is better to start with basic plan before moving to standard plan. If your artwork is making enough sales you can then migrate to standard plan..

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I know about this e-commerce website, i have heard about it before but i have never really made use of it. Right now i do not have anything to sell on this site yet though.
It is not very popular in our country because the most of people in our country do not make use of it

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.540
How about selling print-onb-demand products through etsy? You buy designs on creative fabrica, if you are not a desdigner, and use this design on printify/printful to create products and then integrate your account with etsy.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
How about selling print-onb-demand products through etsy? You buy designs on creative fabrica, if you are not a desdigner, and use this design on printify/printful to create products and then integrate your account with etsy.
The latest scheme was offering a training course for $2,000 to learn how to sell AudioBooks that they show you how to create with frelancer content, so you do no work and never show your face, but earn thousands per day.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.540
There is no need to spend money on training courses. All sorts of information and tutorials are available online. These courses have nothing new that is not already available online.

Back