Free Software Vs. Premium Software

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.080
How do you like to build your website, by using free software like wordpress, SMF, Magento, etc., or by using premium software like Wix, Xenforo, Shopify etc. My preference is to use free software. I believe we already have a lot of powerful software to build any kind of website for free. There is also another benefit, by using free software you will keep your website launch cost low.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
It really depends on the website that I am planning to open and build up as to whether I use free software or paid software. For my blogs, I like to use WordPress which is free and is ideal for me for my blogs but for forums, a lot of the time, the things I have planned for my forums I do need to have something that has a little more so I tend to go for Xenforo which is a paid software.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.080
I keep myself to free software, not just wordpress for blogs but even free forum software like phpBB, SMF, MyBB for creating forums. The reason why I use free software is because this will keep my expenses down.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
Premium apps or version are definitely better, there are more options to choose from with them, but in most cases they are usually more expensive. So most times i tend to go for the free version.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
Most of the time I have used free software but it is true that the best software are generally those paid or have the best features paying some money i think.

Back