Friends making good business partners? Yes or No?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
Do you think friends make good business partners? Why or why not?

I say that depending on the business, and how much both you and your friend are engaged in making it successful, I say it can potentially work. Though I have seen some businesses fail, just because one friend didn't want to put enough focus into helping the business be successful.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This also depends on the person that you're dealing with because there are some people who can actually be your friend and also a very good business partner and there are some that will not be a good business partner as your friend.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.120
I have had friends that I have done very good business transactions with. But I love to let my friends stay friends because money is the easiest thing that can ruin friendship.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.810
Raw Dex
$0.005
There are pros and cons with having friends as business partners. The pros are that you know each other and may already built a good and trusting relationship. However, there are situations that because of conflict of interest in business and especially when money is involved, the friendship is ruined.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
It depends on the kind of friend you have, i have seen cases where the so called friends are the ones to spoil the business on the long run. And i have seen cases where the business is run by friends and there have been no issue so far.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

I say that depending on the business, and how much both you and your friend are engaged in making it successful, I say it can potentially work. Though I have seen some businesses fail, just because one friend didn't want to put enough focus into helping the business be successful.
I think it depends on the kind of friends because there are some friends that will make a good business partners and there are some ones that it is not even advisable to start a business with them

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

When you have a friend and also having the same goal as you then I see no reason it shouldn't work out it all depends on whether or not you and your friends matches to be business partners,in other words,it all depends on the individuals involved.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When you have a friend and also having the same goal as you then I see no reason it shouldn't work out it all depends on whether or not you and your friends matches to be business partners,in other words,it all depends on the individuals involved.
That kind of friendship is going to work and you both are going to benefit some things from each other because you do the same kind of business and you can also learn from each other

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have had friends that I have done very good business transactions with. But I love to let my friends stay friends because money is the easiest thing that can ruin friendship.
I also have a very good friend of mine who is also my business partner right now and he has been a very wonderful relationship with me because you understand what business is all about.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I also have a very good friend of mine who is also my business partner right now and he has been a very wonderful relationship with me because you understand what business is all about.
There are times when tend to be very close to some people because they are your business partners and they can even do your family friend from being your business partner

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.460
Raw Dex
$0.050
It's better to share some real experience as my uncle started business with his close friend and in start they continued it with profit but soon their business started declining and they just turned enemy of each other.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$1.295
Personally speaking, I prefer to have a business without any business partners. Sole proprietorship is far better than having others to indulge when trying to have the final decisions and deal with other business-related concerns.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
It's better to share some real experience as my uncle started business with his close friend and in start they continued it with profit but soon their business started declining and they just turned enemy of each other.
This is one major disadvantage with it comes to going into a business relationship with a friend. Anything could go wrong at anytime and it could end up breaking that friendship. I have seen cases like this so many times.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally speaking, I prefer to have a business without any business partners. Sole proprietorship is far better than having others to indulge when trying to have the final decisions and deal with other business-related concerns.
I believe so as well, because I have engaged in a partnership business that I regretted in the end.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are very right about this and that is why I always say that we can meet people anywhere through any means so we should always treat them well because we never can tell if they will be our best of friends in the future

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.130
I am not sure it would be good idea. My best and I talk about starting business but not together. We would have different opionions at work and that would affect on our friendship.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am not sure it would be good idea. My best and I talk about starting business but not together. We would have different opionions at work and that would affect on our friendship.
This is good and I love the fact that you will already know a lot of things about your best friend and you can be able to tell the kinds of business that such a person will be interested in doing

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.130
You must have friends outside of job. Best friend is best friend with reason and you can tell him your problems. If you work together then you don't have any rest and all talks are about business.

Back