Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I would like to first apologize for the lengthy post. However, I feel like you should read it in it's entirety. If not, there is a TLDR at the bottom.

As the first week of January is near the end, I wanted to talk about the future of RIF with our community. I'm sure you are all wondering what the new year will bring, and I'm excited for the coming months ahead. So with that said, there are some topics I want to talk about.

1) What/Where is January's Contest?
Unfortunately, there won't be a January contest. I know, that may be disappointing to hear for some, especially as everyone has gotten so use to a new contest every single month.
"But why?" you may ask:
I've thought a lot about what to do for this month. However, as the new year starts, I want to start focusing on increasing user engagement, quality content, and introduction of new features. This does not mean there won't be other contests in future months. I just need some time to start focusing on building our community in other directions other than just contests. That will involve me taking some time away from doing a contest this month. With that said, our December events also gave over $500 to our members despite it's little glitch that happened on Christmas eve.

2) New Feature Every Week
Due to there not being a contest in January, this will allow me time to release a new feature to the community at the end of each week in January starting sometime tonight. There is so much planned for this site, and I'm excited for everyone to find out everything we have in store for you. Each week I will make an announcement thread that introduces a new feature. Some of you may have already seen some things here. I will then update this thread below to the link to the announcement thread introducing that week's new feature.

January 7th Feature:
Content Awards - https://referralindexforum.com/threads/content-awards.6173/

January 14th Feature:
RIF Mining, Member Trading, and More - https://referralindexforum.com/threads/rif-mining-member-trading-and-more.7226/

January 21st Feature:
Articles and Writers Guild - https://referralindexforum.com/threads/articles-and-writers-guild.8404/

January 28th Feature: *Secret*

3) Finally - Quality
The time has come to start focusing on the quality of our website. We have some amazing members who are posting some great stuff. However, there is also a lot of people who are posting some pretty plain content that does not contribute to the conversation whatsoever. In order for our website to grow naturally, the content of the posts in the on topic sections should have value. There will be a few things for this:

Warnings:
In order to try and discourage members on posting spam and non-quality content, we will be issuing fines for every warning you get.
Posting inappropriate content, behavior, language, spam, and posting in the wrong sections will get you warning points. Each warning point will cost you $0.25. (And yes, you can go in the negative) Multiple warning points can be given per warning if warranted. Plagiarism is absolutely not allowed, and will be an immediate ban without warning.

I want you all to know that I'm not here to be taking your earned money away. I want to encourage everyone to participate in the community and have valuable discussions. So, for the first little while, as we try to clean up the forums, no RIF cash will be taken from accounts. For the first couple of weeks, I will be messaging users first to allow them to see what they are doing wrong, and what could be a possible solution for the future. I want us to grow and learn together. However, after a couple weeks, the fines will start to be given out.

I have also noticed that one of the biggest problems is people not posting threads in the correct sections. Most notable, the market sections. Please be sure to read the category descriptions prior to posting new threads. These descriptions are at the top of the pages, and it is on you to ensure you are posting in the correct section.

Bounty Program - Reporting:
There is a lot of content on this site. We are now doing 1,000 - 2,000 posts a day. It's hard for the moderation team to keep up and look at everything. Therefore, we are also introducing a bounty program. Our members can help contribute to our site by getting rid of the bad apples/awful content. At the same time, they will earn for doing so.

If you are reporting content, and action is given to that member, you will receive half of their fines. So, if you report a post that is spam, and they receive a warning point that costs them 50 cents, you will get 25 cents. Our members are what make this community, and I know the integrity of some of you not wanting some bad apples ruin the experience for everyone else. If you see anything that breaks the rules, please report it!

Word Count Minimum
In order to help combat the simple 1-2 word replies that don't add value to the topic at hand, I am considering introducing a word minimum to on topic posts (So forum games section, etc, wouldn't have a word minimum)

As I like to be transparent, I am asking the community what they think would be fair minimum. I'm not looking to be to strict, but I also don't want users abusing the system. I would like everyone to at least post quality content that adds values to the discussions. Feel free to reply below what you feel would be an acceptable minimum word policy.

TLDR;
- No January contest
- New features every week
- Warnings points will cost you $$ by being fined
- Earn $$ by reporting others spam/bad content by taking their fines
- Possible word count minimum. (Reply below)

Last edited:

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have gone through this post carefully and I hope that others would too.
I totally agree with the points that you have made. You are not being strict here but being disciplined and fair to all as well as the forum. You run it and the onus of it being a quality one and stay stronger for years to come lies on you. Your ideas are welcome one. We all share the responsibility of making it a quality forum by quality posts and meaningful conversations.
I totally support you.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.023
That's a good step @Jordan. I also was noticing it that from last few days people have started spamming the site by posting very short comments and it's obvious when you dont have a rule even the people who write longer comments feel that why should they write long comments when they can earn from the short comments.

That's a good move you've taken. I think the minimum words limit should be 30-40 words

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I have gone through this post carefully and I hope that others would too.
I totally agree with the points that you have made. You are not being strict here but being disciplined and fair to all as well as the forum. You run it and the onus of it being a quality one and stay stronger for years to come lies on you. Your ideas are welcome one. We all share the responsibility of making it a quality forum by quality posts and meaningful conversations.
I totally support you.
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words :giggle:

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I agree with what all you said and as one of the responsible members of the community I will try to support in any way I can. I would like to suggest that the deductions would be on new content starting from today so everyone will be aware of this thing and start posting only Quality starting from today. As for the minimum, I think 10-20 words will be fine. I would also like to add that when a person is being deducted/fined then they should also be informed about the mistake they made so they can improve, things cannot change overnight so we all need to be a little patient about it.

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I agree with what all you said and as one of the responsible members of the community I will try to support in any way I can. I would like to suggest that the deductions would be on new content starting from today so everyone will be aware of this thing and start posting only Quality starting from today. As for the minimum, I think 10-20 words will be fine. I would also like to add that when a person is being deducted/fined then they should also be informed about the mistake they made so they can improve, things cannot change overnight so we all need to be a little patient about it.
Of course.

That's why I mentioned in the OP that I wouldn't be deducting anything right away. I want to give it a couple weeks and message people instead first to let them know what the mistake is so they can improve for the future.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I appreciate the idea of sending warnings and signals to let them know where they are going wrong before taking any action like deduction. This will keep people informed and I am sure that many would be willing to improve.

Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Great! Thank you, Jordan for the update.
We would definitely love contests, however, I understand where you are coming from on the focus or emphasis you wanted to impose. This will definitely help the community grow.

I agree with giving the warnings first so we will be aware of our mistakes. I am with you in the reporting part - as a member we should not allow the community being ruined by the rotten tomato. If there is any, we can get rid of them this early. We caught one last month, so I hope he or she is the last to be reported.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.110
It is true @Jordan that minimum posting combat the short messages like Thank you but for some cases reply with some words could give the correct information like for example Payment proof or Scam proof.
Like for example:
I get paid yesterday from this app and attach screenshot.
I have payout pending more than one month and admin is not responding and screenshot.
So some people will be so wordy in these cases of situations then it is preferable for online earning programs payment proof or scam proof where there is no minimum words for the posts and minimum words for the proof with decreased rewards like 0,005 $ per payment proof or scam proof for online earning programs like other paid to post sites.
For other contents no less than 30 words because there are general talks and doesn't require thanks for sharing information to get paid.
Waiting to hear from you about suggestion.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.900
Raw Dex
$0.273
This is the right step in the right direction. I will suggest words count should be about 15 words minimum. For correction a warning or two will do before action taken.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I really love this move and this means that this forum will go a long way. The value of a comment is very crucial for survival and growth of a site. There are some forums I use to visit simply because of quality of information in the platform. I want this forum to be insightful, creative and informative. I find it absurd that some thread will be asking trivial questions that will not impact the knowledge base of the forum users.
@Jordan , am looking forward to the change and repositioning of the forum. Save the ship before it sinks!

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.390
Raw Dex
$0.023
I agree with @Magnus2022 that a few of the threads are meaningless and it is clear that they were posted just to earn a few cents. I would like to say that whenever the thread is initiated, someone should check if it's adding something to the site. Just the sake of writing to earn a few cents may not be good in the long run.

iyanpol12

Notable
Nov 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is a good move sir. I used to see someone messing up on FC, also doing the same thing here. Hehe

You are still considering a word minimum, there is no problem, but word counter must be added to help members.
I agree with you on the word counter. Or maybe, 20 words and higher may be fine.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.243
This is good, these new developments would definitely help the forum in terms of growth, though in the issue of world counts, i personally think it would be better the minimum words should not be much to prevent people from repeating their words just so they can meet up with the minimum word count.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is great. Some of us actually scout for new information and it's discouraging to see one or two words that add no value to the topic. I think a minimum of 25 to 40 words will allow someone contribute to the topic being discussed.

Back