Have Hospitals Become Businesses?

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you all think that nowadays, most, if not all hospitals have become businesses that are trying to be as profitable as possible - or do you think the large hospital bills are due to increase in the prices of items such as medicine and equipment?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do you all think that nowadays, most, if not all hospitals have become businesses that are trying to be as profitable as possible - or do you think the large hospital bills are due to increase in the prices of items such as medicine and equipment?
A lot of people see having a hospital as a business because they will treat people and they will make money when they treat people so it is a business but it is indirect

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of people see having a hospital as a business because they will treat people and they will make money when they treat people so it is a business but it is indirect
The point you make about it being an indirect business actually makes a lot of sense. It is a bit unsettling to me, because hospitals are supposed to be this unit of care and help for those who need it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The point you make about it being an indirect business actually makes a lot of sense. It is a bit unsettling to me, because hospitals are supposed to be this unit of care and help for those who need it.

And hospitals will never treat a patient if the person has not paid his bill which means that it is a business and they are not even about saving the lives of people they just want to make money

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I believe that hospital has not only become a place of business but has been a place of business
A business is an organization that offer service or sales goods for profit making

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I believe that hospital has not only become a place of business but has been a place of business
A business is an organization that offer service or sales goods for profit making
There are many hospitals now that will not even attend to patients if they do not have any money to pay them. They want to get money before they begin to treat the patients

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe the hike in prices of medical equipments and cost of running the hospital are what contribute to the high bill Being paid by patients,so it's not necessarily the fault or the making of the hospital management .

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe the hike in prices of medical equipments and cost of running the hospital are what contribute to the high bill Being paid by patients,so it's not necessarily the fault or the making of the hospital management .
I understand what you are saying but some of them are not even after saving the lives of people. All what they want to do is to make money by treating people

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Private hospitals are businesses that need to make a profit. They have to charge the customers enough to cover operational costs and make a profit. That is why they are always very expensive.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Hospitals have really turned into business that in some hospitals, their main aim is after money and not particularly to save life and can even afford to lose life if payment is not made instantly.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.243
Hospitals have been operating as a business for a long period of time now, they have workers that they need to pay and Carter for. Most of these hospitals no longer care, they tend to put money first than the life of their patient. I saw a case where they refused to admit a dying patient simply because they have not made a deposit. In some cases they tend to always want to admit anyone just so they can bill them high.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Doctors fees are expensive especially if you go to private hospitals. Any ventures that needs money for operation is considered operating a business. Hospital income must be sufficient to pay the.workers, plus maintaining all the hospital equipment and facilities.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's a combination of both factors actually. With the inflation, equipment has become more expensive, while the cost of living for the owners of the hospitals has also become higher, thus they increase prices to make up for the deficit.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
The same economy that everyone is complaining about is the same economy that the owner of the hospital and the hospital itself operates. It is expected for them to have an increase in the price of their services.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's a combination of both factors actually. With the inflation, equipment has become more expensive, while the cost of living for the owners of the hospitals has also become higher, thus they increase prices to make up for the deficit.
Yes, I think this point of view makes a lot of sense. Overall, it has actually become difficult and expensive to operate hospitals, especially in third-world countries. So I guess what you are saying is true.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.168
I must say that it is. It is not only about the hospital, but also the doctors are making businesses with their patients. They suggest certain things to them despite not necessarily need to be done. That is what's happening in the hospitals these days.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I must say that it is. It is not only about the hospital, but also the doctors are making businesses with their patients. They suggest certain things to them despite not necessarily need to be done. That is what's happening in the hospitals these days.
If this is true, then it is truly shocking. I think this completely goes against the oath of doctors - doctors should help and care for civilians, and not at all scam them.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.018
Yes I know that the hospital has always been a place of business since a business is an organization that offer service or sales goods for money which is for profit making

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Private hospitals are businesses that need to make a profit. They have to charge the customers enough to cover operational costs and make a profit. That is why they are always very expensive.
Even the people who now work in public hospitals take it as a business and they collect money from people without the government consent when they are not supposed to do so

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.018
You are right I have noticed this annoying trait here. public hospitals workers take it as a business and they collect money from people without the government consent . it is appalling

Back