Have Hospitals Become Businesses?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right I have noticed this annoying trait here. public hospitals workers take it as a business and they collect money from people without the government consent . it is appalling
This is why people do not like to go to government hospitals in my country because the workers there are very rude and they treat people like they are not human beings which is not supposed to be so

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Do you all think that nowadays, most, if not all hospitals have become businesses that are trying to be as profitable as possible - or do you think the large hospital bills are due to increase in the prices of items such as medicine and equipment?

Is running a hospital a business before in the first place because I don't really understand it when you are asking this kind of a question because I've never seen a hospital that give their services for free.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Is running a hospital a business before in the first place because I don't really understand it when you are asking this kind of a question because I've never seen a hospital that give their services for free.
The truth is that there is no hospital that will give services for free but most of those hospitals are always after money that they will not even respond to someone when the person's money is not complete so there are times when does hospitals just want the money and it is not like they really want to treat the people

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.135
Yes hospital don't give services for free because most of them are always after money So it is no free service from them you would have to pay and that's the truth.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Anything that an individual or groups of individual commit resources to set up and run is a business. When it is a voluntary organization, it would be clearly stated so.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Anything that an individual or groups of individual commit resources to set up and run is a business. When it is a voluntary organization, it would be clearly stated so.
Well you have a point and I think people should also understand this so that they will not go to the hospital hoping that they will receive free treatments just because they don't have money

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
I must say that it is. It is not only about the hospital, but also the doctors are making businesses with their patients. They suggest certain things to them despite not necessarily need to be done. That is what's happening in the hospitals these days.
Very true, over here most of the hospitals always want to admit the patients, even in situations where there is no need for this, they always try to look for ways to make sure they are admitted, so they can bill them heavily.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.460
Raw Dex
$0.050
So many sad stories are reported about the hospital here which clearly indicates as hospitals are turning into business place. In some cases it has been seen as some small hospital taken too much extra charge for just small operation.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.260
Raw Dex
$0.008
Private hospitals are businesses. They offer medical services to make profits. Private hospitals here charge a very high fee. Their service is always quite good. Only rich people and those who have taken out medical insurance policy can afford to go to private hospitals.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

There might be a few hospitals that might be offering free services. We have a few of them in our neighbourhoods. They rely solely on donations and grants that might be offered by many companies and the government.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Very true, over here most of the hospitals always want to admit the patients, even in situations where there is no need for this, they always try to look for ways to make sure they are admitted, so they can bill them heavily.
There was a time when someone told me this but I did not believe until I finally discovered it by myself and it was so annoying because I see no reason why you should admit someone who does not need the admission

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Even the people who now work in public hospitals take it as a business and they collect money from people without the government consent when they are not supposed to do so
Have you realized that the hospital has overhead costs to run? The hospital buys fuel at least everyday. Do you think the government gives them money for fuel? What government does for public hospitals is to provide major infrastructure and pay salaries. Government knowa that they charge small amounts of money to meet up with running costs of the hospital. Government in Nigeria never declared fre health-care publicly like they declared free education.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Private hospitals are businesses. They offer medical services to make profits. Private hospitals here charge a very high fee. Their service is always quite good. Only rich people and those who have taken out medical insurance policy can afford to go to private hospitals.
This is very true but also understandable. Usually compared to public hospitals, privately run hospitals are much improved in terms of the services and facilities available - and that then means higher fees due to the available services and facilities.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.583
Right from the word go hospitals are very great businesses. This is because the folks working on the health sectors value money not the lives of the patients. As in majority of them never attend to patients before they are paid certain fee.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Right from the word go hospitals are very great businesses. This is because the folks working on the health sectors value money not the lives of the patients. As in majority of them never attend to patients before they are paid certain fee.
I think that this is a very negative way to look at this, to be honest. Yes, you cold say this might be the case of a few doctors however, most doctors that have completed their difficult degree have that passion to care for people from their heart, but then again that depends I think from doctor to doctor.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I see entitled people all over this thread crying for free hospitals..I believe every country has a sort of health insurance scheme run by tye government. You can subscribe for it and get subsidized health care or even free in some countries. Hospitals have costs they incur which someone has to pay for.

Back