Have you ever asked for salary advance? For what purpose?

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some establishments, organisations and workplaces offer people the facility of requesting for salary advance. That is taking a part of your salary even when it isn't due date. Have you ever asked for salary advance? For what reasons exactly?

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I was an employee, I used to ask for salary advance. One of the times I asked for salary advance, it was to help fix school fees for my brother who was about to be stopped from writing his final exams because of fees. The salary advance was very helpful.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.240
I can't ask it since my boss can't do anything about it. As worker in school there is centralized system for salarays for all teachers in country. Bosses just fill some data and everything else is on computer side.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
Tg
I can't ask it since my boss can't do anything about it. As worker in school there is centralized system for salarays for all teachers in country. Bosses just fill some data and everything else is on computer side.
That's an integrated payroll system. It is not possible with that kind of system. I generally feel salary advance is more common with private jobs that have more control of funds.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.228
I personally think that workers will ask for salary advance if they really need it badly. It happens if they lack of funds in paying something personally. I do think that we cannot restrict these people because they are entitled to do so.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I have never asked for salary advance, I am a fairly frugal person so the salary was sufficient for most of my expenses when I had a job. Now I do not get a salary.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I was working in a restaurant, we were allowed to take salary advance. It was so good as it would help out a lot in the middle of the month when you were broke from having finished your previous end month salary.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
I've never done that, besides in my country asking for salary in advance before it's due is not common, there are some employees who need money urgently, borrowing or cash receipts from the cashier or approval from the management. When employees are paid, their debt will be deducted immediately.

Fidelia

Unfamiliar
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I've never done that, besides in my country asking for salary in advance before it's due is not common, there are some employees who need money urgently, borrowing or cash receipts from the cashier or approval from the management. When employees are paid, their debt will be deducted immediately.
I would rather get a salary advance than have to borrow. With salary advance, I am spending my own earned cash than getting into debts.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Though at the moment I am currently not working under anyone, but back then I have never asked for my salary in advance. Though I had a coworker who was fund of doing this.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
I would rather get a salary advance than have to borrow. With salary advance, I am spending my own earned cash than getting into debts.
Moreover, at my workplace it is not possible to ask for salary in advance, because the person who pays the salary is the personnel department, so they don't have cash except on payday.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Though at the moment I am currently not working under anyone, but back then I have never asked for my salary in advance. Though I had a coworker who was fund of doing this.
You are actually making salary advance look bad. There is nothing at all that makes it bad. You just ask for your money in advance. And it is just a portion of it.

Back