Have you ever been exploited at work before?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I think exploitative tendencies displayed by employers is fuelled by the high rate of unemployment. That's because they know many employees don't have other options and have to stick on there no matter what happens.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.210
I think exploitative tendencies displayed by employers is fuelled by the high rate of unemployment. That's because they know many employees don't have other options and have to stick on there no matter what happens.
In my country is little different situation. Workers were exploited for years and now many went in different countrys. Now we don't have much workers but employers start import cheaper workers from poor countrys.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Exploitation at work is so rampant now you would be employed for a role but you end up taking up other roles and there's no increase in payment It can be so annoying
A lot of workers are always underpaid at their different workplaces and it's probably because their employer know that they don't have a better alternative for them to go and make money from.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of workers are always underpaid at their different workplaces and it's probably because their employer know that they don't have a better alternative for them to go and make money from.
It is not even really about underpaying. It is about using an employee. Some organizations actually pay well but the level of usage is too much. They would make you do things out of your job role.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
Exploitation is real and we cannot escape this unless refuse and have our own decision and goals to follow without others exploiting us. We need to stand for our own ideology.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.190
Yes, I had experienced this before. I was so naive and innocent at that time. Through the years, I had learned how to deal with this kind of people and practice my rights against them.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The level of exploitation is always done with a blackmail of morality. Your boss would call you to go buy food for him. That was not part of your job but because he is your boss, you have to try and obey.
such thing is mostly done to employees that are naive and inexperienced. There bosses will always try to exploit them because of lack of experience.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
I have experienced something like this before though, back then i was working on multiple jobs at the same time for a very little pay, i had to be in the office extremely early than the others and be the last to leave.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.025
I was exploited when I resigned in one of my previous jobs. I had given company a thirty days notice as it was stipulated on the CBA. However the manager exploited me for working for like five days absolutely for free by delaying to alert me on the response of the resignation by the human resources manager.

Ekanem2021

Complete Stranger
May 26, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Exploitation is not a new thing in any country but it depends on how one is being exploited.
Yes, I've been exploited before through an investment company. Although the investment company was real by the problem there was the person who hacked the company's database and was using it as a disguise.

Back