Have you ever been exploited at work before?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
Exploitation in the context of work is simply misuse and overuse of a staff. Anyone that has worked as an employee at least once must have been in a situation where he is being exploited.

My experience was when I was employed as a subject teacher. I ended doubling as the database administrator, network manager and the MC of the school. And all of these on the same salary.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
Exploitation at work is not strange. It always occur at work especially if you are a new worker. Your co-workers would continuing to exploit you at work like apportion much work to you, cheating on gifts, bullying at work etc.
Exploitation could also occur as a result of senior officers maltreating junior officers.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
I don't know how people feel when they oppress and exploit another person at work. You would see the senior staff using the junior staff without singular value and regard.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.013
Exploitation in the context of work is simply misuse and overuse of a staff. Anyone that has worked as an employee at least once must have been in a situation where he is being exploited.

My experience was when I was employed as a subject teacher. I ended doubling as the database administrator, network manager and the MC of the school. And all of these on the same salary.
Yes I have been exploited too many times as an employee, as regards to my time, I am a kind of person who value time a lot, if someone else tries to take my time I feel very upset and uncomfortable, because time is money.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872

Most private business is always exploit their workers because they have the power to do so since their staffs don't have any other better alternative for them to rely on.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Exploitation at work is so rampant now you would be employed for a role but you end up taking up other roles and there's no increase in payment It can be so annoying

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
Yes, I have felt exploited at work, because the salary is not in balance with the work I do. So I only temporarily stayed there, and then left to move to another company.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.800
I remember when I was still young, I have this short work experience in a company where I should do a finance work but most of the time I will do admin, clerical, marketing, liaison , sales or in short, as a previous co worker branded me, that I'm a jack of all trade master of nothing. Until now those words lingers on me and it is hard to take it away for it is somehow true. I did odd jobs for the salary that was meant for a finance staff that ended up doing whatever tasks I'm oblige to do.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Employers always want to use as staff till they squeeze out every ounce of virtue that is in that staff. You hear private school work in Nigeria? It is exploitative work.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
This is mostly with private jobs everyone at this point have felt exploited at work unless you have been self employed because the salary they will pay doesn't match with the work

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
The stories of workplace exploitation is never ending. I have worked a job that I was hired as a tech guy but I ended up repairing the vehicles of the organization. Or is it the secretarial job that I had to be a piano player for the owner's church and no extra pay was added?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
The stories of workplace exploitation is never ending. I have worked a job that I was hired as a tech guy but I ended up repairing the vehicles of the organization. Or is it the secretarial job that I had to be a piano player for the owner's church and no extra pay was added?
Exploitation would continuing to exist in company. It is part of the system. Workers are used to it. At times, workers are assigned to do jobs they are not officially engaged to do. Refusal to do it would be regarded as insubordination to the officials and is punishable.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
But do you know they are some staff that the owners of the organizations they are working for can't exploit? Those ones are so outspoken and they are the brains of the organization.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.955
I have worked for a company which always requested staff to have meetings after office hours and on holidays. They were actually asking employees to work overtime without additional pay. I got fed up and quit after working for the company for a short while.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.020
Asking your employees to work overtime without extra pay is not good at all. Working in such business ventures can be energy-draining.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
The level of exploitation is always done with a blackmail of morality. Your boss would call you to go buy food for him. That was not part of your job but because he is your boss, you have to try and obey.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
I have seen where a corporate staff is double tagged as a domestic staff for the boss. The corporate staff would go do shopping for food items for the boss or boss' wife and sometimes cook for them while still being a secretary.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Exploitation is a constant thing in different companies. Employers has made It now a part of the system that Workers would be employed for a specific job but used to do different things.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.315
Sometimes I think I am exploitet at my work. Right now I am off shift over 5 years but colleague call to help me with something. And she knows I don't work since we were both this morning at work. I will not respond right away.

Back