Holidays

Tina30219

Somewhat Known
Jun 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thanksgiving is just around the corner how are things going for you in getting things ready? Are you staying home or going to family or friends? I am going to my moms it will be me my boyfriend my mom and her boyfriend and his son. I am looking forward to it and also the other holidays coming up.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

spiderdust

Complete Stranger
Nov 11, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My daughter and I were going over the Thanksgiving list yesterday, trying to figure out what gets prepped and when. I have to work the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm afraid my main prep days will be next Saturday and Sunday, and then my daughter will have to do the rest.

We're trying to figure out if we should cook the turkey the day before, carve it up that night, and then warm the turkey meat right before Thanksgiving dinner. If we do that, it will free up the oven on Thanksgiving day for other things (like baking the rolls) and hopefully reduce the overall stress of the day.

Tina30219

Somewhat Known
Jun 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My daughter and I were going over the Thanksgiving list yesterday, trying to figure out what gets prepped and when. I have to work the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm afraid my main prep days will be next Saturday and Sunday, and then my daughter will have to do the rest.

We're trying to figure out if we should cook the turkey the day before, carve it up that night, and then warm the turkey meat right before Thanksgiving dinner. If we do that, it will free up the oven on Thanksgiving day for other things (like baking the rolls) and hopefully reduce the overall stress of the day.
I like your idea of cooking the turkey the day before and carving up it will definitely save the oven for other things that you will need to get done that can not get done ahead of time.

spiderdust

Complete Stranger
Nov 11, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, I found some suggestions on the Kitchn website for reheating turkey without drying it out or making it weird. You put your cooked turkey slices (or chunks, or what have you) in a baking dish, and add some stock and fat to it (butter is good), then cover the dish with foil and put it in a 350F oven for about 30 mins.

Tina30219

Somewhat Known
Jun 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah, I found some suggestions on the Kitchn website for reheating turkey without drying it out or making it weird. You put your cooked turkey slices (or chunks, or what have you) in a baking dish, and add some stock and fat to it (butter is good), then cover the dish with foil and put it in a 350F oven for about 30 mins.
That is good you have the site and it helped you out with this would not want to dry out the turkey for sure.

Back