How do you deal with "power trippers" in the workplace?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
During my previous jobs and in my current job, I had seen some higher-ups were into being a 'power tripper.' I must say that they tend to be this way because of having the authority to do it. However, they are not doing their jobs effectively. The main reason is that they are too busy to be a 'fault finder' in the company. It is a fact that cannot be denied and it happens in the real work. What is your take about this concern in business?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
It also happens in the educational institution, in fact, I shared it in ML that our university chancellor was demoted and removed due to her inability yet so bossy.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
It also happens in the educational institution, in fact, I shared it in ML that our university chancellor was demoted and removed due to her inability yet so bossy.
Without a doubt, I can relate to you. Due to his incompetence, our project manager was also demoted.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
Nah, I'm thinking about those type of people who don't use their right tbinkong. They're trackless and unwise. Wise people are smart not bossy but leads to progress for the entire management and clients.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.060
I hear one of my colleage is power tripper but I didn't notice. She is not often on that position, only as replacement when it is needed, so she maybe didn't not reach me.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
During my previous jobs and in my current job, I had seen some higher-ups were into being a 'power tripper.' I must say that they tend to be this way because of having the authority to do it. However, they are not doing their jobs effectively. The main reason is that they are too busy to be a 'fault finder' in the company. It is a fact that cannot be denied and it happens in the real work. What is your take about this concern in business?
I just do my thing and I won't mind any other person. That's the best way

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
The best thing to do is to implement your job accordingly and ensure you execute activities given to you effectively. Power tripping or not you shouldn't be of concern to you.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I don't know why people behave this way. Well people in higher authority like to just show power even in their state of ineffectiveness

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
I don't know why people behave this way. Well people in higher authority like to just show power even in their state of ineffectiveness
Yes, and that person resigned. She cannot face her new position. Being demoted means something. She was too ashamed to face her ordeal. It is hard to find a job having a bad record.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Here are some tips to deal with "power trippers" in the workplace
Set clear boundaries
Communicate what is and isn't acceptable behavior from the start
Stay professional
Avoid engaging in personal arguments and maintain a calm demeanor.
Document interactions
Keep a record of any incidents for future reference.
Seek support
Talk to HR, a mentor, or a union representative for guidance and support.
Focus on solutions
Instead of dwelling on the problem, concentrate on finding a resolution that benefits everyone.
Lead by example
Be a positive role model by exhibiting respectful and professional behavior.
Address the behavior
If necessary, have a direct conversation with the person and explain how their behavior is affecting the workplace.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Here are some tips to deal with "power trippers" in the workplace
Set clear boundaries
Communicate what is and isn't acceptable behavior from the start
Stay professional
Avoid engaging in personal arguments and maintain a calm demeanor.
Document interactions
Keep a record of any incidents for future reference.
Seek support
Talk to HR, a mentor, or a union representative for guidance and support.
Focus on solutions
Instead of dwelling on the problem, concentrate on finding a resolution that benefits everyone.
Lead by example
Be a positive role model by exhibiting respectful and professional behavior.
Address the behavior
If necessary, have a direct conversation with the person and explain how their behavior is affecting the workplace.
The best way to do that is by doing your thing and doing the right thing in the company even though some people are power troopers.

Back