How do you handle work based accidents?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.048
In a business setup, there is every possiblity that accidents would definitely happen in one way or the other. How would you manage this, if its the fault of the worker, would you take care of the treatment?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

rubesh

Notable
Dec 18, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.000
When an accident occurs in a work environment, it is important to take the necessary steps to ensure the safety and well-being of the employee and any other individuals involved. Depending on the severity of the accident, the employer should take immediate action to assess the situation and provide necessary medical treatment. The employer should also investigate the accident to determine the cause, whether it is due to negligence, equipment malfunction, or any other factor. The employer should document the accident and the subsequent investigation to ensure proper liability and insurance coverage. Additionally, the employer should provide an appropriate level of support and communication to employees affected by the accident. This could include providing any necessary legal advice, counseling and/or financial compensation, depending on the severity of the incident.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.040
Raw Dex
$0.193
In a business setup, there is every possiblity that accidents would definitely happen in one way or the other. How would you manage this, if its the fault of the worker, would you take care of the treatment?
For the mere fact it happens In the workplace the employer should take charge of it.

moseschidera

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
First thing first, you have to take care of any of your employees involved in the accident whether it's their fault or yours. After the treatments you can now gradually deduct the money spent for treatment from their salary on monthly basis and that's if you want to because I wouldn't do that as far as the accident wasn't intentional.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.048
First thing first, you have to take care of any of your employees involved in the accident whether it's their fault or yours. After the treatments you can now gradually deduct the money spent for treatment from their salary on monthly basis and that's if you want to because I wouldn't do that as far as the accident wasn't intentional.
This actually makes a lot of sense. In most cases i dont even think you should deduct from the employee's salary especially in a situation where the accident is not his fault, the company has to take care of the bills.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.800
Accidents do not come announced, they happen accidental. That's why they are called accidents. I try to take precautions, though

Back