How do you manage a sudden rise in the price of your stocks?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The prices of goods are volatile and not stable. How would you handle a situation where you go to the market to restock with the same amount you used to restock the last time.

On getting there, you realize that the price has increased significantly. Would you reduce your desired quantity and buy? Or would you stop buying at all?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The kind of post I encounter here is amusing and beyond human intelligence reasoning. You go to the market and found out that the price of goods go up, what do you suppose to do?.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.980
When the stocks I have invested in suddenly rise, I might start selling because I need to make profits from every situation. I can use that money to buy once the stocks fall.,

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.193
I cannot control this matter. I need to increase the prices to let my business survive in the business world. If the customers need them, then they can still adjust and buy them.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is what wrecked my friend's shoe business. He went to the wholesaler and he was told there was a huge increase in price. He had to come back home and the business failed.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This is what wrecked my friend's shoe business. He went to the wholesaler and he was told there was a huge increase in price. He had to come back home and the business failed.
This is why it is always good to make research before and after you buy your product so that you will not sell at a price that is lesser than the current price

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is why it is always good to make research before and after you buy your product so that you will not sell at a price that is lesser than the current price
What you are sayings is very true. You don't just sell according to how you buy but according to market trends. Else to you finish selling out your stock and you can't restock again..

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
There are times that my mum call the people that she buys goods from just to know if the price has changed or not.
What you are sayings is very true. You don't just sell according to how you buy but according to market trends. Else to you finish selling out your stock and you can't restock again..

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Recently, I have experienced similar challenge. But I have equally devise a means to counter it. I use to call my sellers and ask them if there is sudden change in price of goods I use to buy before. It have help me to circumvent the problem.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Recently, I have experienced similar challenge. But I have equally devise a means to counter it. I use to call my sellers and ask them if there is sudden change in price of goods I use to buy before. It have help me to circumvent the problem.
This is what every business owner should do. You seriously need to follow the trend so that you will not sell at the wrong price

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The prices of goods are volatile and not stable. How would you handle a situation where you go to the market to restock with the same amount you used to restock the last time.

On getting there, you realize that the price has increased significantly. Would you reduce your desired quantity and buy? Or would you stop buying at all?
There is no way you can go back without buying what you came to buy in the market because the prices have increased but the only thing you can do is to reduce the quantity of what you wanted to buy or you will add more money to what you wanted to use to make the purchases.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
There is no way you can go back without buying what you came to buy in the market because the prices have increased but the only thing you can do is to reduce the quantity of what you wanted to buy or you will add more money to what you wanted to use to make the purchases.
The person can still go back to buy it in the market but he will not buy the quantity that he sold because the money will not be enough

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.855
This is one of the main challenges for running businesses in my country.
For the case of abruptly increase in prices, the businessman should correspond by raising the selling prices for the goods.

Cam

Administrator
Admin
Mar 30, 2024
Dex
$92.096
Raw Dex
$4.704
If we're talking about stock specifically, then I'd certainly contemplate selling. If I think it's going to keep going up, I'll probably hold my position. Hard to predict the future though.

Back