How do you see the issue for marrying more than one wife?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

You

Notable
May 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.008
In Islam, men can marry only five times. not many times.
Post automatically merged:

It happens in the Muslim culture marrying many wives but according to their financial attributes. Those who are marrying many are wealthy.
In Islam, men can marry only four times. not many times.

Last edited:

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
Post automatically merged:

Five times is synonymous to many. My cousin married a Muslim without knowing she's the 4th wife and they were living together under one roof. She left her husband.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
This is illegal in my city. You must divorce first before getting married with another woman. That said, some rich people here have a wife but many girlfriends.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I think it is acceptable for some religions. I do not have a low opinion about it because it is their practice and doctrine. In my religion, it is not allowed to marry more than one woman.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
For me, marrying more than one wife is not my thing and it will never be. I haven't been able to completely deal with one so why add another?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
The risk and consequences that comes with this should make people to avoid getting into such
Five times is synonymous to many. My cousin married a Muslim without knowing she's the 4th wife and they were living together under one roof. She left her husband.

Polygamy is an established practice in my religion, as I am a Muslim. We honour women by marrying them. There are many poor women who may need support of a financially independent man. Scientifically speaking, men have been programmed and designed to mate with many women. These are some of the main reasons and wisdom behind polygamy being allowed in our religion. Apart from that, our religious texts strictly command us to be fair with all the wives and equally divided time when it comes to spending time with each wife. Indeed, only wise people can understand the wisdom.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I do not welcome the idea of marrying more than one wife or husband. It is not moral. Maybe other religions accept it, though.

Morality is a subjective term and it is based on cultural and religious differences. It would not be a right thing to say that marrying more than one woman is not morally right. There are many people who practice polygamy and they have no problems with that.

Back