How much does a House Help Charge in your country?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
These days everything is expensive so even the house help demands better pay and for monthly they charge around $40 and even more if you want them to cook, clean and take care of complete house.

I've never really hired any house help for their services which is why it is going to be very difficult for me to know how much they are charging but I believe that it is going to be something close to our medium wage.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I think it depends on the kind of house help you are employing. you can get one who charge from $40 to $50 depending on the level of work of the person
There are even some houses that will pay you above that and there are some houses that will pay you about that so it depends on the people that you work with

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
yes, its depends on the people who hire you, as long as you do a great job, maybe you will get more than $100 a month, and again sometimes people use it to bargain with people who need the money most, so they will give you low rate a month

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I think that house help refers to the handyman services. These services could be quite expensive if you ask me. However, it all depends. in some countries you get charged per hour for that.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
In my country the salary of a house help varies depending on the discretion of the host, but usually the average is around $200 a month. It depends on the duties and responsibilities they have.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
These days everything is expensive so even the house help demands better pay and for monthly they charge around $40 and even more if you want them to cook, clean and take care of complete house.
I don't think there is a stipulated amount for that, it all depends on your negotiation skills and the level of chores or services you want the person to be rendering to you.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I don't think there is a stipulated amount for that, it all depends on your negotiation skills and the level of chores or services you want the person to be rendering to you.

There are many handymen that charge money on hourly basis in many countries. In my country they tend to charge money on daily basis in case they are working at a company.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
yes, its depends on the people who hire you, as long as you do a great job, maybe you will get more than $100 a month, and again sometimes people use it to bargain with people who need the money most, so they will give you low rate a month
The truth is that I cannot decide to work as a house help anymore no matter how much they pay me because I have my career and I need to follow it too

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.920
$165 a month with free accommodation and feeding is not bad. However it can't be compared to other developed countries that pay around $10 per hour.
Exactly, in my country nothing to do with those salaries that people comment, in my country a service of these characteristics could range from $ 20 per hour to much more depending on the type of employee or services in question.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
I'm here talking about India and not Nigeria. I'm not aware how things work there but I'm aware of my part

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Exactly, in my country nothing to do with those salaries that people comment, in my country a service of these characteristics could range from $ 20 per hour to much more depending on the type of employee or services in question.
$20 per hour as a house maid? Which country is that please? I would love to relocate there and become a maid. That's the highest rate I've seen online. It's very poor in my own country.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
I placed an ad today looking for a help. Some of the people that called for the job are saying something that is equivalent to $100 a month at the minimum.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You get the point
That is why some people prefer to be employed by rich people because they know that they will make profit
Yes, there are a lot of benefits that comes with being employed by rich people because you're going to enjoy a whole lot of benefits on the long run. The money being paid is very sweet.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
As things stand now, one has to be financially stable before having kids. That's because the cost of hiring a house help is very high and no one can afford to be a full time housewife in this economy.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with the fact that domestic help is very expensive, especially for elderly people who are in great need and have a low pension on which they also have to live, pay taxes and medicines, etc.
However here in Italy, the average hourly wage that a cleaner takes is around €10. For example, we call a person two times a month, for a total of 6 hours (3+3), thus spending €60 monthly. But, for those who instead need every day,...

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with the fact that domestic help is very expensive, especially for elderly people who are in great need and have a low pension on which they also have to live, pay taxes and medicines, etc.
However here in Italy, the average hourly wage that a cleaner takes is around €10. For example, we call a person two times a month, for a total of 6 hours (3+3), thus spending €60 monthly. But, for those who instead need every day,...
I think $10 or €10 is the standard rate in most developed countries. I just love the flexibility of the work there as one can switch between jobs to earn well a day. Here people are paid monthly and the rate is lower.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think $10 or €10 is the standard rate in most developed countries. I just love the flexibility of the work there as one can switch between jobs to earn well a day. Here people are paid monthly and the rate is lower.
Yes, the Euro / Dollar value is practically the same. However here most are paid by the hour at the end of the work done. Also because, paying monthly I believe it is necessary a work contract in order.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that I cannot decide to work as a house help anymore no matter how much they pay me because I have my career and I need to follow it too
Glad that you know that you have a good career now, at least you have a better life and for sure a better future, i wish you luck my friend

Back