How should an employer hand an employee leaving without proper notice

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
There have been lots of cases of employees leaving without even letting the company know officially. Where i used to work, one of our staffs lied that she was traveling for a family trip, only to find out she was actually working for another company. My boss was pretty furious but choose not to do anything. In such a case would you do?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
There have been lots of cases of employees leaving without even letting the company know officially. Where i used to work, one of our staffs lied that she was traveling for a family trip, only to find out she was actually working for another company. My boss was pretty furious but choose not to do anything. In such a case would you do?
That is very bad even though a lot of people also do it here. The best thing is to tell your employer a month or a few weeks before you leave so that the workplace wouldn't be stranded or short of staff

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
Well that's humans for you. Some people just exhibit bad character at will. In this case there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Like that boss you just have to let it go.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
That is very bad even though a lot of people also do it here. The best thing is to tell your employer a month or a few weeks before you leave so that the workplace wouldn't be stranded or short of staff
Yes, even me myself i was not happy about it. Even when applying for the job, it is stated that you have to let the company know at least a month before leaving so that if there is anything the manager needs to put in place, he or she would be able to do that. Cases like that can even affect the work flow and force.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.011
Raw Dex
$0.291
I think when an employee just leaves an organization like that, he or she is not happy with that organization and intentionally wants to hurt them. I think the organization should look inwards and examine if they are treating their staff right for them to leave like that.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is actually very bad and a wicked act , that's why some company do delay employees salary till the beginning of another month and this might prompt anyone that wants to leave to ask for his salary by month end stating reasons.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
This is actually very bad and a wicked act , that's why some company do delay employees salary till the beginning of another month and this might prompt anyone that wants to leave to ask for his salary by month end stating reasons.
True, this is also why some companies tend to go as far as making their employees sign a legal agreement where they can only leave if they have notified the company like a month or two before they would leave, cause some persons are just too wicked.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
True, this is also why some companies tend to go as far as making their employees sign a legal agreement where they can only leave if they have notified the company like a month or two before they would leave, cause some persons are just too wicked.
This is a very good step and such companies will be able to take legal steps if something like this happens and this will reduce the rate at which these cases happen since they know the consequence.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
This is a very good step and such companies will be able to take legal steps if something like this happens and this will reduce the rate at which these cases happen since they know the consequence.
Exactly, they wont even try it. Before anyone would do something like this, i am pretty sure they would think carefully first. Cause this act is just plain wicked, especially in a situation where you are holding a very serious or sensitive position.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country there is a legal document which both side sing and if the worker leaves without a 3 month notice to the employer then they will get some legal punishment's and also the other work place need to have a leaving document from the old job in order to hire a worker.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.252
l think this is normal for the workers that they would not tell their current bosses the truth until they surely get the jobs on the new companies for the purpose of surety.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
l think this is normal for the workers that they would not tell their current bosses the truth until they surely get the jobs on the new companies for the purpose of surety.
You are right , so as not to lose on both sides, but at least as soon as they are sure they will get the job the right authorities should be involved and brought to their notice, some of them do this intentionally.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
In my country there is a legal document which both side sing and if the worker leaves without a 3 month notice to the employer then they will get some legal punishment's and also the other work place need to have a leaving document from the old job in order to hire a worker.
That's nice though, over here most companies do not even ask for this document before hiring, some don't even care about what you have done before coming to their company. Some of these people are even the one that would advise you to live and come over to their company if they see that you are good in what you do.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's nice though, over here most companies do not even ask for this document before hiring, some don't even care about what you have done before coming to their company. Some of these people are even the one that would advise you to live and come over to their company if they see that you are good in what you do.
Yeah but they have to think that what if they were in this position, what will they do and how will they act if their skilled and professional worker leave their work without giving them a notice what will they say, that is what they need to think about.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.888
Yeah but they have to think that what if they were in this position, what will they do and how will they act if their skilled and professional worker leave their work without giving them a notice what will they say, that is what they need to think about.
I think this is the major issue, majority of them do think about this. They fail to realize that if these workers could do this to someone else, it means they have the ability to still do it to them later in the future when they find a more suitable place.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think this is the major issue, majority of them do think about this. They fail to realize that if these workers could do this to someone else, it means they have the ability to still do it to them later in the future when they find a more suitable place.
That is why they should be concerned when they hire a person from another company or work place without any notice to the previus employer, and for sure this will happen to the person who hires.

Back