How this site got its name?

averygirl

Unfamiliar
Sep 21, 2022
RIF Cash
$3.171
I'm just curious about the name of this site Referral Index Forum. It sounds to me at first that the site is all about getting referrals. What do you think about the name of this site? The first forum I've joined is ForumCoin. This is the second forum I joined.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.339
You could use instagram name generator to get website to be hosted idea there is a lot of cool generators in the internet, for example for mention the world referral you may got this:
1675334152670.png

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
That's based from the feeling and thinking of the first site owner @Devin. You may ask him about the significance of the site name RIF.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$3.600
Yeah, the name can be a bit misleading at first but once you start participating in the discussions you'll understand what the site is all about. And I must say the community here is super helpful and knowledgeable so its a great resource for anyone looking to grow their knowledge.

Jordan

Owner
Admin
Nov 25, 2022
RIF Cash
$2.290
If I recall (As I had asked Devin this as well) the name is a play on a previous website he use to own. I think it was called Referral Directory Forum if memory serves right. He basically changed "Directory" to "Index" and voila. Here we are today.

However, I recently dropped the "referral" from the domain name and made indexforum.com the primary domain you access the site from. I did this for a number of reasons, some of which some members here listed as it caused some confusion. However, I mostly did it due to it being a smaller more memorable domain that made it easier for people to type out and spell.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.098
I think the name is pretty cool I was also quite confused but since I post for a while I like the name maybe they use generator or something like that to generate name

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
I too thinks that it meant for the referrals and things like that in a forum. However the meaning and all that involved in the deriving at suggesting that name, the owner know it best

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.098
You could use instagram name generator to get website to be hosted idea there is a lot of cool generators in the internet, for example for mention the world referral you may got this:
View attachment 1176
Many people use these generators to make a name since they can't think of a name personally I never used any generators but it can help for those who needs a name fast and can't think of anything

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
Thanks for the information. I really had no idea about how you came up with the name of the site. I also learned that Rif is called IFC but we can continue refer it as Rif.

Back