How to Buy a Domain Name

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.150
When you are buying a domain name for the first time, you need to consider the following things:
Try to keep your domain name short, preferably two words
Check the renewal fees (sometimes you can get a domain for a cheap price but you will have to spend a lot of money for renewal)
Keywords in your domain
Well, extensions do not matter for SEO, therefore, you can choose any extension you want.

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before buying a domain name, you need to consider the purpose, that is if it is personal or for a business. You also need to consider the keywords and also the availability.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Before buying a domain name, you need to consider the purpose, that is if it is personal or for a business. You also need to consider the keywords and also the availability.
And you need to make sure that your domain name goes in line with your business name so that they will not be contradicting at the end of the day and it will not be hard to reach your website

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.120
You cannot buy a domain name and you have just 10 members on your website or 30 members registered most of them register with email and login once or did never activate their account and you did, you need to have a massive community of users so you could monetize domain name cost from ads at least.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I always feel that when it comes to buying a domain name, one of the first things you need to look at is the name you choose. Anything too long may not be wise and even something you choose may not be available so it's good to choose a domain name wisely.

Ensuring you check the renewal prices as well is a must. You could get a domain name for a few dollars for the first year but it could cost you $100s to renew.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.710
I like this post for I have a partner of an online business we plan to operate next year. We were taking about domains. I am so thankful for the info I got from this post. I surely follow the domain req as shorter and must much with our website.

You

Somewhat Known
May 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
First, brainstorm keywords and ideas for your ideal domain name. Check availability using a domain registrar like GoDaddy or Namecheap. If available, select your preferred extension (.com, .net etc.) and term length (usually 1-10 years). Purchase and enter billing and contact info. Once purchased, you manage DNS settings to point your domain to a hosting provider and build out your site.

Back