How to challenge a boss without being sacked

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.730
Raw Dex
$0.000
Is there an issue you believe you need to challenge your boss about but you don't want it leading to any sack then you can use the tollow tips when confronting the person

Choose caefully the time and Place. Don't try it when the person is angry

if possible start by asking Questions to understand where your boss was coming from

focus on the person countenance to know when to stop

Take the final decision and move on

Last edited by a moderator:
AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
I would not challenge my boss. If I disagree with my boss on some issues, I would tell him/her my opinion in a polite manner. Our discussion should take place in a private room.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.193
Truth is that you would never get away with challenging your boss directly. If you disagree with your boss, talk it out with him calmly. It is an act of insubordination to openly challenges your boss.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As a way of correction, you don't challenge your boss. That might make it look confrontational. You express your persuasions which are different from his and leave it for him to ponder on.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.330
If you must disagree with your boss you need to strike a balance between communicating with your boss and challenging your boss. However, you must have this at the back of your mind that you cannot challenge your boss and get away with it, he'll definitely get back at you sonner or later.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
As far as I'm concerned there is nothing that is going to make me to challenge my boss in any way because it is not in my place to do so apart from doing the job that I am hired to do.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I would not challenge my boss. If I disagree with my boss on some issues, I would tell him/her my opinion in a polite manner. Our discussion should take place in a private room.
Right, I totally agree with you. Because by challenging the boss, the boss will indirectly judge you as a bad employee, and it's easy for him to fire you whenever he wants. If you don't agree with something, then just express your opinion properly. If opinions are heard then that is what is expected, if not then the choice is yours whether to survive or leave well.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.590
Indeed. Why do we need to challenge our superiors? The best course of action is to give suggestions or recommendations. It is up to him or her to accept them. If they do not accept them, then we just need to respect their decisions.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You don't ever get confrontational with your boss. It is against international labour laws and conventions. Your boss can use that opportunity to maltreat you and you would get no help.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.330
If you are not comfortable with your boss's decisions, it is better to plot your way and leave than stay and be confrontational with your boss. Some bosses would withhold your salary for that.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.833
The truth of the matter is that bosses are humans as well, and they can also make mistakes. If you want to challenge your boss, it would be best you still retain some level of respect for them.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.330
You don't even challenge. You discuss with your boss no matter how old you are and how young your boss is. It is best to recognize him as your boss as long as you remain an employee.

Back