How to deal with an incompetent boss at work?

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
It is inevitable that some employed bosses are incompetent. There are many factors why they were in the top management. One of the common reasons is he or she was the product of 'nepotism.' It is an old system that they hire people because of being related to each other. They do not want to give the position titles to other people who more competent enough to carry out their jobs.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
RIF Cash
$5.226
So far, I have not heard here bosses incompetent. They are hired according to their qualifications with certificates attached as accomplishments. In my workplace alone, the heads are usually graduates from Harvard, UP, UK , Texas and more credible places. It will be a shame if that kind of boss exists.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.955
I have not worked with any incompetent boss. Should this happen, I would try to observe the situation for a while and see if the top management team would take any action to improve the performance of my boss. If nothing happens, I would look for a better opportunity.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
You don't have to deal with an incompetent boss because it is his business but the most important thing for you to do is to make sure that you do your job when you are expected and leave every other thing the way he or she wants it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Your own bit is to carry out the tasks assigned to your job role. If you are sure that he or she used illegal means to get to that position, don't offer more than your job role while planning an exit strategy in case the business crashes in the hands of such a boss.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.013
It is inevitable that some employed bosses are incompetent. There are many factors why they were in the top management. One of the common reasons is he or she was the product of 'nepotism.' It is an old system that they hire people because of being related to each other. They do not want to give the position titles to other people who more competent enough to carry out their jobs.
Most of all these bosses are not really smart, they are mainly the product of favouritism, many are incompetent, the best way to deal with them is to continually being competent and steadfast in your duty, they will be forced to change, in my own opinion.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Most of all these bosses are not really smart, they are mainly the product of favouritism, many are incompetent, the best way to deal with them is to continually being competent and steadfast in your duty, they will be forced to change, in my own opinion.
There is no way that incompetence can change to competence. The best thing to do is just to deliver with utmost competence on your own side. And pray for the best and prepare for the worst as regards the survival of the company

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
I agree. One of my superiors was demoted because the government agency found out how incompetent he is. I can detest that he is really not suitable with his job and the team can work without him.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
Some bosses did lobbying to get to the positions they now occupy. That's why most of them don't know what to do. It even gets worse when they are still arrogance with their incompetence. I would just allow such a boss to be exposed to the whole world to see.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.003
Some bosses did lobbying to get to the positions they now occupy. That's why most of them don't know what to do. It even gets worse when they are still arrogance with their incompetence. I would just allow such a boss to be exposed to the whole world to see.
The truth is that you as a competent staff has to step in and cover up for an incompetent boss. That's because of the organization crashes, all the staff would be unemployed.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
What I will do to deal with an incompetent (unprofessional) boss is to report it to the higher management/business owner directly. Because sometimes they don't know that our bosses are not professional at work. If there is no action from the higher management/business owner, then the choice is just to be patient to survive or leave the job.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
If your boss is incompetent and you can no longer handle it, it would be best to look for another job to do instead of doing everything yourself or looking for ways to work with them.

Back