How to deal with mockery at the workplace

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Mockery by colleagues can be very annoying. They are people that just love to make fun of others you just have to adopt the best ways to handle the situation

You just have to be calm but be firm when confronting the mocker with the issue.

Ask the perpetrator to stop but of not you can escalate the issue to the HR

Avoid the person as much as you can.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$-4.236
The only advise here is not to give room for mockery at work. There is bound to be unsavory attitudes from different coworkers. If you stand to be bothered, you are likely going to be victimized by their actions. Every individual has his own motives of working.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
That's just the truth, though There might be baf attitudes from different coworkers it is still good to avoid any kind of mockery at work and show them that you are the bigger person

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.955
I would just ignore that person and focus on my work. If I really find him/her annoying, I'll tell him/her to stop or report the case to my supervisor or the Human Resources Department.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.020
The best way to deal with mockers is to try as much as possible to ignore your mockers in a workplace. They can be energy-draining.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
In my personal view, it is not allowed to do this within the working place. If it does, we need to report them and let the people-in-charge to call their attentions. Persistence can happen, then we need to file a case against them.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.081
Ignoring them would have been great, but the truth of the matter is when you keep ignoring them, you are simply giving them a reason to keep mocking you. It would be best to face them head on.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
Mockery by colleagues can be very annoying. They are people that just love to make fun of others you just have to adopt the best ways to handle the situation

You just have to be calm but be firm when confronting the mocker with the issue.

Ask the perpetrator to stop but of not you can escalate the issue to the HR

Avoid the person as much as you can.

Anyone who is trying to mock you at your workplace is a very lazy person because the person is not even taking his or her job seriously so you should try as much as you can to ignore them.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
The best bet is to use a tool that works for you You can start Ignoring them, when you keep ignoring them, it will help to keep them away from mocking you

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
RIF Cash
$0.484
As for me, I faced ridicule at work, using the ridicule as a whip to change for the better. Besides that, I will let them continue to mock me, not responding, after a while they will get bored and stop on their own, because they feel they are not getting a response.

Shavkat

Sep 7, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.608
Ignoring them would have been great, but the truth of the matter is when you keep ignoring them, you are simply giving them a reason to keep mocking you. It would be best to face them head on.
I can ignore these people if the concerns are not that serious. However, if they are doing something and it can affect my reputation, then I need to call their attention. There are times that situations cannot be controlled and it needs to be reported formally with the HR Department.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
I can ignore these people if the concerns are not that serious. However, if they are doing something and it can affect my reputation, then I need to call their attention. There are times that situations cannot be controlled and it needs to be reported formally with the HR Department.
As far as my reputation is not affected, it doesn't concern me. People only mock and criticize someone that has worth.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.872
The best bet is to use a tool that works for you You can start Ignoring them, when you keep ignoring them, it will help to keep them away from mocking you

A lot of people don't understand how powerful it is when it comes to ignoring those that are trying to get under your skin because it will get them frustrated.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.501
Some people just like to do this to hit at your self esteem but if your reputation is not affected, then keep ignoring them you get mocked and criticize because of your high self worth

Back