How to make phone calls to USA from Asia?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.030
A customer has asked me to make a phone call to a US number to verify some changes. The call is disconnected when I make a call from my smartphone. What is the best way to make phone calls to USA from Asia, especially India?

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A customer has asked me to make a phone call to a US number to verify some changes. The call is disconnected when I make a call from my smartphone. What is the best way to make phone calls to USA from Asia, especially India?
It might be because you don't have the plan for international calls purchased on your mobile. Even I am not able to call international numbers on my phone as I don't have that plan. And I don't intend to even spend some money to get that.
There are so many better options that are easy and cost effective. Zoom, Skype and WhatsApp are so convenient for video calls. And if you want only voice call, WhatsApp is the best option..I use WhatsApp to talk with all my friends and family across the globe.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.523
Did you try adding the country code when calling the number? Cause over here in my country, when calling a different country, if the country code is not added the call won't go through.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think you should just make the phone call on WhatsApp or any other social network. It will be less expensive because it is only your data that will be used

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Use a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service such as Skype, WhatsApp, or Google Voice, which allow you to make international calls at a lower cost or even for free, using an internet connection instead of a traditional phone line.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It seems that the traditional ways of calling are getting less and less popular. Most people these days use Voice over Internet Protocol like Skype, WhatsApp etc to make calls, especially the long distance calls. They are cheap as you just have to pay for the mobile data

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Skype or WhatsApp is my best alternative to make international call. Moreover it is very cheap because it uses internet protocol. You can also make use of Google voice.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I've come across several applications that states you can make call to the USA, you can make call to Canada . All of them are fake because none of them worked perfectly.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I've come across several applications that states you can make call to the USA, you can make call to Canada . All of them are fake because none of them worked perfectly.
What kind of applications? Can you name a few?
I think we have so many convenient cost effective options like Zoom, Skype and WhatsApp. They have good quality too if your internet is good. Today only I had a WhatsApp call with my niece in the US. We chatted for long and the quality of video call was good.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
WhatsApp is the best way to communicate with people outside your country provided the person has installed it on his/her phone.
You can only be able to call someone on this platform if the person is using the same WhatsApp messenger with you otherwise it's going to be an impossible mission for you to do so.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You can only be able to call someone on this platform if the person is using the same WhatsApp messenger with you otherwise it's going to be an impossible mission for you to do so.
I am a bit confused with this statement. One can make an international call to other person if both these people have WhatsApp installed on their phone. I had this understanding and I found it simple to understand. What do you mean by same WhatsApp messanger??

Back