How to positively deal with someone trying to take your work or position

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
if you sense someone especially your subordinate at work is trying to take your job you can positively handled the situation by doing the following:

Have a private meeting with the person nothing public

Work better to remain one step ahead of the person, then go ahead to stamp your authority by doing a better job.

You can also promote your achievements and don't mind the person

Add yours

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.055
Raw Dex
$0.005
I will just continue to do my job and do it in excellent. If he won the game and be promoted than me, it would be fine. First and foremost, I do not compete with others. It will always based on the performance evaluation.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Yeah I agree with you one just habe to continue to do the job and do it in excellently to be outstanding and recognized. no need competing I believe this

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
If the head office approves the promotion overtaking me then, I won't refute the decision. Alright it never happened to me but I think it hurts too especially if I'm more than qualified.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.620
Raw Dex
$0.020
This types of times remain very tough as I have practical experience of it, while I was working as a regional sales manager South in Roomi Enterprises the management give this position to one more person and they divided the areas between two of us, that time was very tough for me.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are certain things you don't really have to say anything about. You would just let your work do the talking. I won't talk to such a colleague about anything.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I will just continue to do my job and do it in excellent. If he won the game and be promoted than me, it would be fine. First and foremost, I do not compete with others. It will always based on the performance evaluation.

This is exactly what I do as well. As long as you are able to carry out your duties successful in any business establishment, it is going to be very difficult for you to be replaced.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have been in this situation before. It was an event hosting job. I allowed him to start the event and I was to CO host with him. After running the event for the first half hour, I just went to the mic and started talking. The tide of the event changed. No one told him to go and sit down.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
In this situation, I would just focus on doing a good job at all times. I would also learn new knowledge and upgrade my skills relevant to my job from time to time to stay competitive.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have been in this situation before. It was an event hosting job. I allowed him to start the event and I was to CO host with him. After running the event for the first half hour, I just went to the mic and started talking. The tide of the event changed. No one told him to go and sit down.

This is why it is very important for you to be an authority in any field that you find yourself because it is going to give you more room to exercise your capability.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is why it is very important for you to be an authority in any field that you find yourself because it is going to give you more room to exercise your capability.
There are certain situations you don't beat yourself over because you know how good you are. I don't believe in dragging positions, I let my work speak for me.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would just make sure I exhibit the full capabilities I have to deliver superior value to the company. Some people would resort to lobbying in situations like this but it is not for someone like me.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would just make sure I exhibit the full capabilities I have to deliver superior value to the company. Some people would resort to lobbying in situations like this but it is not for someone like me.
In as much as I understand your point of view, if the workplace is the kind that office politics holds sway, you would have to be proactive by lobbying smartly to maintain your position.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is their business if they are competing with me. Because the kind of personality that I have, I won't even notice you but that competition would fail as I know my onions in every endeavour I undertake.

Back