How to refrain from having favoritism at work?

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.081
Motivating and practicing favoritism are not the same when it comes to dealing with workers in a company. Some managers thought that their subordinates can feel if treating their co-worker so special. It can demoralize this person and co-workers would have different notions against him or her. It should be called their attention when doing this special treatment with workers under them.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.081
Even though for some reasons, some bosses have personal preference for some staff but you don't have to let it show as an organizational leader.
I am not in favor with this system. I might voice out my concern directly to the supervisor or manager. It is not acceptable for me to endure this situation or this kind of favoritism.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I am not in favor with this system. I might voice out my concern directly to the supervisor or manager. It is not acceptable for me to endure this situation or this kind of favoritism.
The truth is that you really can't do anything about the situation of the owner of the organization decides to have favorites. It is a normal human attribute of you try to fight it, you would lose your job.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that you really can't do anything about the situation of the owner of the organization decides to have favorites. It is a normal human attribute of you try to fight it, you would lose your job.
Yes ! There's absolutely nothing you can do if the owner of the company decide to favour one person than the other.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Even parents favor some kids more than others. The one challenge is if it leads to victimization of the other staff. If it is just occasional perks and tips, it is absolutely nothing wrong.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.220
You must see all your workers as part of one big family which you as the business owner is the head. Understand that favoritism can cause rancor in your organization and refrain from it.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
The management can always manage this through treatment of every worker and staff on the organisation with equality and fairness such that no one could complain of inequality and favourtism

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
The management can always manage this through treatment of every worker and staff on the organisation with equality and fairness such that no one could complain of inequality and favourtism
The management of the company should try as possible not to include favoritism in their mode of operation.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
It has always been a common thing to see a boss having a soft spot for an employer and sometimes they don't even realize it as I feel it is something that just happens when you are human.

As much as it is not wise to have any favorites at work especially as a boss, in most cases if you do not it doesn't seem noticeable then you should have no issues. If you can help it thought I would refrain from having favorites just in case of issues.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.445
The truth of the matter is there would always be someone the boss, employer or manager favours more than the others. Due to one reason or the other. But it would be very wrong to show it out.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Motivating and practicing favoritism are not the same when it comes to dealing with workers in a company. Some managers thought that their subordinates can feel if treating their co-worker so special. It can demoralize this person and co-workers would have different notions against him or her. It should be called their attention when doing this special treatment with workers under them.
The moment you start showing favoritism and partialism at your workplace as the owner, it is going to affect the morale of the entire staff working for you and it will decrease their productivity.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.081
The moment you start showing favoritism and partialism at your workplace as the owner, it is going to affect the morale of the entire staff working for you and it will decrease their productivity.
Indeed. I am sure that the employees will be demotivated to work in the company. It is not a good thing to practice this because these people will not respect their higher-ups for being one. Although it does happen in the real world.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
I don't like this act done by some bosses. it brings about bad blood even if you have personal preference for some staff you don't have to let it show it.

junrose123

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Favoritism is very common at work and this is one of the reason why some employees tender their resignation because they feel that the company is just focusing on a single person or employee.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I think it is quite natural for a boss to favor some workers over others. But the boss should not let favoritism to affect the fairness of job performance assessment.

Back