HR and Personal Questions

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$0.000
Should Human Resources be allowed to ask questions about an applicant’s marital status, religion, age, medical history, or immigration status? If so, why? And if not, why not? Are there situations where certain status's are needed so they know if they might loose an employee, due to citizenship or other issues?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Should Human Resources be allowed to ask questions about an applicant’s marital status, religion, age, medical history, or immigration status? If so, why? And if not, why not? Are there situations where certain status's are needed so they know if they might loose an employee, due to citizenship or other issues?
I think these are important questions to be asked because there are some people that their spouses may not like their closing hour

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, employers usually will not ask questions about the applicant's religion and medical history. Most companies require the applicant to do a medical check up before joining the company. Regarding immigration status, all the employers need is your HKID card because it is illegal to hire someone without a HKID card, unless you are an expatriate with a valid passport and a work visa.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
Yes i believe these questions should be ask. One function of human resources is to also manage the humans as well which means for them to fully be able to utilize every worker, they have to know their religion and every other thing about them, to prevent an issue of sending a worker to a particular place that goes against their beliefs.

Back