If you buy a company do you change the name or will you use the old name?

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We know that Elon musk have changed the name of tweeter to "X" after the buys the company, and like him there are many business owners who changes the name of the company after they buy it. some owners change the name in order to start the business in different form and different ways, and some change the old name when the old name have bad reputation and have some bad customer feedback, so the change it to a new name in order to make it different.
What di you think is changing the name of company is good idea for the new owners?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
it all depends on the situation if the old name have bad reputation I will change it after buying but if it have some good customer feedback no need of changing it to a new name

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.925
Raw Dex
$0.013
Although it remain very risky if the company is already in good condition to change its name. But for my own gratification I will change its name, and use my own name.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it all depends on the situation if the old name have bad reputation I will change it after buying but if it have some good customer feedback no need of changing it to a new name
Yeah if the company already have good and famous name and acceptable and liked by customers then changing the brand name will be a bad move, but when it have bad reputation and if the customers have bad experience with the products with that brand name then changing it will be a game changing

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.252
For me l would change the name for the newly bought company. This is Because l would like to brand the name for the company in question to attract the customers anymore.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.008
I think it depends in a situation where i am going for a complete rebrand, then i might want to change the name, but if i feel the old name still has a lot of influence then i might just continue using it.

Back