Suggestion Improper reporting of the removal of threads.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.001
@Jordan @Devin while I appreciate the cleansing up of the forum.. I want to suggest that for transparency, when a thread is moved from a supposed wrong section to the proper section, the creator of the thread should be notified of the particular thread being moved, the section it was moved from, and the section it is moved to. It would transparency in the forum.

My humble submission.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.008
When my thread was removed and placed in another section, I was notified. But recently, when I checked my thread I saw one or two threads I did not create included in my threads. I believe it is bug related and I did not bother to relate it to the admin.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.862
Normally when a thread is moved, users are notified of the thread being moved. There are very rare occasions that a reasoning may not be provided, but it’s set as a default selection on our end requiring us to enter a description of why the thread is being moved.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.400
I think we are transitioning and improving in various areas,i would also want to air out what i observed but would site one example.When a thread is moved then the author should be notified and it should still appear in its original form without alterations.For example i did not author that title no do i see the thread that was attached.Link is below.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Technician
Nov 9, 2022
RIF Cash
$72.579
That actually is a big issue. A large number of threads I have reported before this past few weeks, one of the moderators ends up splitting the opening post in the thread from the rest of the thread, and placing the "new thread" in the correct place, when it is just the single post that was moved, because it was split. The Moderators need to do better on moving the thread itself, and not split off the opening post in the thread, from the rest of the thread.

Example being, I had reported last week and the week before, something like 40-50 separate threads that needed to be moved to the correct place, and atleast 20 of them ended up having just the first post split off and moved, instead of the entire discussion. How hard is it to use the moderate thread function, instead of the moderate post function? You do not need to split off the first post of a thread, to move the discussion. That shouldn't even be an option when responding to a report to move the thread to the correct board.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.862
That actually is a big issue. A large number of threads I have reported before this past few weeks, one of the moderators ends up splitting the opening post in the thread from the rest of the thread, and placing the "new thread" in the correct place, when it is just the single post that was moved, because it was split. The Moderators need to do better on moving the thread itself, and not split off the opening post in the thread, from the rest of the thread.

Example being, I had reported last week and the week before, something like 40-50 separate threads that needed to be moved to the correct place, and atleast 20 of them ended up having just the first post split off and moved, instead of the entire discussion. How hard is it to use the moderate thread function, instead of the moderate post function? You do not need to split off the first post of a thread, to move the discussion. That shouldn't even be an option when responding to a report to move the thread to the correct board.
Hmm. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I wasn’t aware this was an ongoing issue. I will definitely take a look at the logs and will deal with this accordingly. I’m also tagging @Jordan , he may beat me to it.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.862
I think we are transitioning and improving in various areas,i would also want to air out what i observed but would site one example.When a thread is moved then the author should be notified and it should still appear in its original form without alterations.For example i did not author that title no do i see the thread that was attached.Link is below.
Yes, the whole thread should’ve been moved, not just your particular post. I will look into it. Thanks.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
RIF Cash
$4.004
In normal circumstances that is supposed to be. The ones who made the threads or posts must be notified of any changes or alterations that is deemed to be done on the particular content.

Back