Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Adsense has been enabled on the site. Right now, auto ads has been enabled. (I'm not a fan of auto ads, as it usually breaks content) However, I am running some tests on a small amount of users to see if I can disable it and have normal banner ads.

Please bear with us as we test some settings out.

All of our users are free to use adblocking software and extensions. However, if they choose to do so, they will not earn from the site. See the attachment for what this will look like.
If you want an ad-free browsing experience, you can upgrade your account for only $2.99.

Old Message:
Hey everyone!

One of the things that will help fund this website and be able to pay you is advertisements. As you all know, a website that isn't generating revenue won't last forever. I want to ensure this community becomes self-efficient, and in turn, start being able to pay you all more.

In the next couple of days, I'll be testing out a couple of different networks and placements along the site.

Nothing will be final. I will want to hear your feedback on them, and if anything is too annoying, I will disable that individual one.

Will be looking for your feedback.

Attachments

• chrome_2023-02-24_06-38-48.png
    chrome_2023-02-24_06-38-48.png
    56 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't have problem with the ad, whether is placed on the right place or not. My concern is that I will have space where I can post and rely comments.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
Hey everyone!

One of the things that will help fund this website and be able to pay you is advertisements. As you all know, a website that isn't generating revenue won't last forever. I want to ensure this community becomes self-efficient, and in turn, start being able to pay you all more.

In the next couple of days, I'll be testing out a couple of different networks and placements along the site.

Nothing will be final. I will want to hear your feedback on them, and if anything is too annoying, I will disable that individual one.

Will be looking for your feedback.
I had to right click and then hit tab to get into the text field, due to every click I made as of today, leading the tab I was in, to load an ad, with a new tab being created to attempt to load what I clicked on. A bit counter productive to posting on the forum, if even clicking on the reply text field, generates an automatic ad, and you cannot reply, because it doesn't load the field in the same tab you were going to reply in anyways.

Not sure what ad setting is turned on, or which ad service was implemented. All I know is that it would have made my life as an active poster, much more difficult, if I couldn't get into the text field to start posting.

Now with me, I have a software that I can use to get around that issue, but still, it is annoying that on every single click, a new browser tab is opened to get to whatever I clicked on the forum. Who knows how many tabs someone would have open on mobile, if their browser wasn't set to block javascript interactions.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
So to clarify, I haven't been using an ad blocker. I firmly believe that if I am going to be on a forum or website, the place deserves any pageviews or clicks I generate for them. And the software I was referring to that would make my life easier from that perspective, is a program that allows me to type up responses or new topics for any website I have login info on. So, it would just make a few extra steps for me to post a reply, if I really wanted to reply to stuff like some of the users here do.

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I had to right click and then hit tab to get into the text field, due to every click I made as of today, leading the tab I was in, to load an ad, with a new tab being created to attempt to load what I clicked on. A bit counter productive to posting on the forum, if even clicking on the reply text field, generates an automatic ad, and you cannot reply, because it doesn't load the field in the same tab you were going to reply in anyways.

Not sure what ad setting is turned on, or which ad service was implemented. All I know is that it would have made my life as an active poster, much more difficult, if I couldn't get into the text field to start posting.

Now with me, I have a software that I can use to get around that issue, but still, it is annoying that on every single click, a new browser tab is opened to get to whatever I clicked on the forum. Who knows how many tabs someone would have open on mobile, if their browser wasn't set to block javascript interactions.
Im actually noticing it too on my MacBook.

I enabled it once every 24 hours to see if it would be any beneficial. However, on my MacBook, I'm noticing it happening with almost every click. Really annoying. Once I get home I'll be disabling it.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't want the user experience to be hindered. At least not this bad xD

However, that was the point of this thread. To let people know I'll be experimenting. Clearly the settings I set didn't take hold.

Should be fixed for now.

I disabled the ad via the AdminCP

Use ylix and a ads and linkslot and coinzilla and mellowads.
Have you used yllix before, because when I tried it after having many views on my website, my earnings was. still $0
Yes, yllix is out. We been using them for a week, and even with all the impressions, it's $0 earnings.
Will be removing the yllix ads off the forum and be looking for more :)

Last edited:

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is good to hear from you @Jordan, it is really nicethat you are communicating well and clearly with the community and telling them your next moves on the website. Best of luck!

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Im actually noticing it too on my MacBook.

I enabled it once every 24 hours to see if it would be any beneficial. However, on my MacBook, I'm noticing it happening with almost every click. Really annoying. Once I get home I'll be disabling it.

I wouldn't want the user experience to be hindered. At least not this bad xD

However, that was the point of this thread. To let people know I'll be experimenting. Clearly the settings I set didn't take hold.

Should be fixed for now.

I disabled the ad via the AdminCP

Yes, yllix is out. We been using them for a week, and even with all the impressions, it's $0 earnings.
Will be removing the yllix ads off the forum and be looking for more :)
I now have more than 6000 views in 7 days but my earnings is still $0. So I contacted them and they said that it is when I have 10,000 to 15,000 views will I start to see earnings. But I am tired of them already.

Jordan

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
So I contacted them and they said that it is when I have 10,000 to 15,000 views will I start to see earnings.
Do they mean like, a day? Even with 50k impressions a month I haven't seen a single cent using yllix.

Seen their TrustPilot reviews, and others are not earning much either:

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Do they mean like, a day? Even with 50k impressions a month I haven't seen a single cent using yllix.

Seen their TrustPilot reviews, and others are not earning much either:
This is the message they sent to me
Screenshot_20221209-131948.png

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I totally agree that any site would need to earn in order to sustain and keep paying the members. And advertisements are the biggest source of generating revenues for the site. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It shows a professional attitude from Jordan to keep the users updated about every happening with the site. We wish the site to go stronger each day and stay here.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.590
I run adsense on my websites and I make money from adsense ads. I don't use ad blockers because I understand the need of running ads for websites.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't use any ad blocker. I know that advertisements are the way to generate revenues for any site. And the site needs good revenue to run in profit and keep paying the users. I can see more ads these days when working on RIF.

Back