Invoice Fraud Scheme

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
Invoice Fraud Schemes seem like a hocus-focus agenda. The involved person has the intent to gain by stealing money from a company or business. The person doing this might get used to it and was never caught. But time comes that his fraudulent act will end through bad karma. The reason for others is to avoid declaring the right amount to skip the Bureau of Internal Revenue during tax paying. I personally experienced this, someone purchased kitchen cabinets and kitchen wares and then he instructed the cashier to use carbon paper and add up the amount in the invoice instead of the actual price, it was made double. The cashier was reluctant but she has no choice but to issue the receipt manually. I was watching them while window shopping for something. I learned that person was the personnel officer in a big establishment. So, he gave only a little change to the establishment, and the big one was kept in his pocket.

This type of fraud happens when an accountant creates fake invoices to steal money from the business. This act also jailed a politician because he has ghost employees almost 35 people and the payroll prepared by the accountant includes those ghosts. The accountant thought those workers are situated in the extension office, but there was none after the city government discovered the politician's fraud. All in all, the amount intended for the ghost's salary reached 2.8 million in two years' time. But the politician, a Mayor of a certain city is now in jail. Many wondered why the Mayor did that fraudulent scheme. It was learned by the national government that those 35 persons never exist.

How to avoid it in business? Cross-check every invoice with actual goods and services purchased. Do comprehensive background checks or conduct a personal interview to those purchasing stores.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.091
This is considered as the dirty job in business. Some personnels who work in logistics will ask to make the invoice blank. They tend to overprice the products availed and added to their personal savings.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
This is considered as the dirty job in business. Some personnels who work in logistics will ask to make the invoice blank. They tend to overprice the products availed and added to their personal savings.
The politician jailed because of invoice fraud is Roderick Paulate. What a shame issuing ghost checks and invoices. Those were intended for the ghosts employees. He's now in prison together with his accomplices.

Last edited:

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
This thing has killed so many business companies and organisations. Most workers nowadays are not interested in credibility but money only. They tend not to be caring for the jobs anymore.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
It surely kills businesses if the fraud is not right away monitored. It is best to check the documents well especially the invoices whether tampered or not. There are many modus Operandi and monkey businesses this time.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Invoice fraud schemes are committed by the officials at work. It is a system of falsifying accounting records. Important documents like receipts, ledgers are tampered with in order to make success their loot. Invoice fraud is bad and should be discarded. It is a grievous offence that if found and convicted is jailable.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
oh wow I'm just knowing about a fraud that an accountant creates fake invoices to steal money from the business. This is a new one for me I hope they get caught

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is actually my first time I'm hearing about invoice fraud scheme and I'm still not really catching up on all of it which is why I'm going to research on it very well.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
There are many fraudulent methods for personal gain, inadequate accounting procedures, there are always loopholes and opportunities for fraud, it is necessary to improve procedures and internal controls for each transaction so that it can reduce employee opportunities to commit fraud.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
There are so many doing this tampering the amount in the invoices and the remaining money, the manipulated amount will go to the fraudsters pocket. The business owner doesn't have idea because of trust. It's best to hire a private detective.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
There are so many doing this tampering the amount in the invoices and the remaining money, the manipulated amount will go to the fraudsters pocket. The business owner doesn't have idea because of trust. It's best to hire a private detective.
Should you hire a private detective? If the invoice is manipulated, then you can check whether the physical product matches the invoice. If the business owner has no idea how to solve the problem, you can help him, by monitoring all suspicious transactions.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Should you hire a private detective? If the invoice is manipulated, then you can check whether the physical product matches the invoice. If the business owner has no idea how to solve the problem, you can help him, by monitoring all suspicious transactions.
That is the only way frauds could be detected. You can't use internal machinery to investigate. There would be connivance between the investigators and the offenders.
In order to detect this manipulation of records, thorough stock taking must be done where the lapses would be detected.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
That is the only way frauds could be detected. You can't use internal machinery to investigate. There would be connivance between the investigators and the offenders.
In order to detect this manipulation of records, thorough stock taking must be done where the lapses would be detected.
Thorough stock staking must be done by someone who doesn't know the number of items on the invoice (blind check), so the stock taker will calculate it seriously, after that you can match the results of the stock taking with the notes on the invoice. Pay attention also to the initial inventory of goods.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thorough stock staking must be done by someone who doesn't know the number of items on the invoice (blind check), so the stock taker will calculate it seriously, after that you can match the results of the stock taking with the notes on the invoice. Pay attention also to the initial inventory of goods.
Stocks must be examined regularly so that you can quickly fish out any scandalous activities.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Stocks must be examined regularly so that you can quickly fish out any scandalous activities.
You are right that stock taking must be done regularly (for example every 3 months) but it must be done by someone who does not know the amount in the inventory book, you also have to consider the amount of goods used/sold.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
That is a very good suggestion, actually, I witnessed someone manipulating the sales invoice but I kept my mouth shut because I am not the right person to report that personnel. He dictated the cashier to over priced thee items instead of the actual amount which was 95,000, he told the cashier to reflect in the sales invoice 110,000. He gained illegally 5,000 pesos.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
That is a very good suggestion, actually, I witnessed someone manipulating the sales invoice but I kept my mouth shut because I am not the right person to report that personnel. He dictated the cashier to over priced thee items instead of the actual amount which was 95,000, he told the cashier to reflect in the sales invoice 110,000. He gained illegally 5,000 pesos.
Woo, 15000 pesos or about $ 267 per transaction, how about more than 5 transactions a day, will get rich quickly. Even though you don't have the rights and authority, if you know the owner, you can talk privately.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
Woo, 15000 pesos or about $ 267 per transaction, how about more than 5 transactions a day, will get rich quickly. Even though you don't have the rights and authority, if you know the owner, you can talk privately.
Actually, that personnel was audited by the internal auditor and learned that he cheated the company. All those stores were called and interviewed about the actual prices of all those kinds of stuff needed in the company. The cheater was advised to resign. He was not paid of his one month's salary and the bonuses were held. He is jobless until this time because he was published in newspapers local and televised.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
The thing is that there are many fraudulent methods for getting personal gain now by people. This stems mjorly from greed. there are always loopholes for fraud to be carried out

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.612
There are many of them in a company and even in small establishments. They are only waiting for the right time. Once they strike, the company or business owners do not have any idea because of trust.But they cannot escape the Karma, sooner or later they will be caught and will be slapped with a big shame of a lifetime.

Back